MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago i bought this 2008 S as a replacement for my 2006 R50 Park Lane.

Have had to do some serious vinyl removal from pretty much all over the vehicle especially the pano roof!
Lots of chequer pattern everywhere and slowly started to remove the interior trim covered in chequer other than the dust caps its pretty much all gone.

As with all my cars my first upgrade is the stereo system which leads to my first question Im hoping to fit a four channel amp into the vehicle two channels for the rear 6x9's and some 3 way components to the front using the other two channels via the supplied crossovers.
Would i be correct in assuming the bass and mid in the doors have some form of crossover / capacitor within the door to focus the sound to each of the 2 factory units.
As i either use the new 3 way crossover in the door and then need to get the tweeter output through the door post upto the a post tweeter or are there individual feeds for bass and mid going trough the door posts to the speakers.
thank you

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Nice colour.
Looks like Renault RS graphics on the side?
Its good thing about these cars, personalising them or undoing others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Along with the Chequer obsession was an LED light one fortunately for me the car came with all the lights that had been removed during its changes through the years!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice colour.
Looks like Renault RS graphics on the side?
Its good thing about these cars, personalising them or undoing others.
Not sure about the graphics to be honest the only graphic i regret removing is the vinyl that was on the chrome glovebox button!
The wheels will be going at some point in the future i like R98 rims but a decent set are like hens teeth.
Pleased to meet you !

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
if you have the right budget for some these are likely amongst the nicer ones out there, one mark on one outer, some minor marks on a couple of inners, ie minor blistering from track, but.... these come apart easily, only one ti bolt doesn't properly tighten, easily addressed, refurbished by Pristine Wheels. Not cheap rims particularly but nice, all original titanium bolts, better than most, some of which are cheaply coated while the rim is together. No loctite applied to bolts, next owner can do that if required, I used to just recheck the bolts regularly, they do loosen if nothing applied, only lightly torqued.

WP_20200126_011.jpg
WP_20200126_018.jpg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts