MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

just bought a mini cooper s 2004 low mileage and love it, only slight problem is when pressing and letting off the accelerator pedal i seem to get a click! i dont know if its only just developed this or its just irritated me more since noticing it but i would really like to get it sorted. its most noticeable at low revs, one click when you press down on the accelerator and one when you let up. i initially thought it was coming from the pedal its self but now im not so sure, there seems to be a tiny delay between pressing or letting up and the click noise its self. its definitely the front drivers side of the car/engine bay but it only seems to make the noise when driving the car, not when stationary. its literally only one click, and it doesn't make the noise over bumps or any other time. car drives spot on and just had it serviced and MOT'd, all fine. anyone got any ideas? im completely stuck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Iv got exactly the same and on the same age R53.

Got it diagnosed at DanKanMini, he seems to think it's either my suspension top mount or the right hand engine mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv got exactly the same and on the same age R53.

Got it diagnosed at DanKanMini, he seems to think it's either my suspension top mount or the right hand engine mount.

yeah your man is right, got it sorted today, top drivers side engine mount, the big hyraulic one. easy fix, £85 fitted. cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts