MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know me from insta and Facebook etc however i've finally sorted my life out and joined MT.:thumbup1:

Used to drive a 315 BHP Leon Cupra and loved it to bits, but it doesn't compare to the GP2. Never thought i'd own a Mini but hey ho, best car i've owned.. so far ;) .

Had the car 7 months. The spec on these is crazy as an 'out the box' job. Bilstiens, 6 pots, carbon spoilers, diffuser bla bla. You'll find me at a lot of track days and sprint events :cools:

Since ownership i've done the following:

-Black headlight rings. Need to do the rears now!
-Challenge diffuser carbon style
-Stage 1 Manic map at Lohen. 257 BHP & 398 NM.
-Running semi slicks, Avon ZZR's
-Decat

.. and just the usual TLC.

Hopefully catch up with a lot of you now that i am on here and can keep track of events etc.

My old Cupra

CJ Cupra rolling shot.jpg

And now the GP.

IMG_1223.jpg CJ Goofing Bedford track day .jpg IMG_2921.jpg IMG_1110.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you finding the ZZRs compared to the Kumhos?
I purchased the car from a Mitsubishi dealer so it came with some faulkens on and not the Kumhos.

I had ToyoR888 on the car as well for a short while and the Avon's felt just as good. I didn't notice the different between Avon and the Toyo.

·
Resident Gobshite
4,164 Posts
Good car, looks great! Glad to see this isn't staying standard and is being driven like it deserves!! :thumbup1:

Have you thought about Nankang NS2Rs? I was tempted by the Avons but at £140 a corner + VAT for a tyre that rated to last up to 900 miles... I steered clear. Do they hold up well? The Nankangs surprised me and are a popular choice for the track!

Cant wait to see this in person!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good car, looks great! Glad to see this isn't staying standard and is being driven like it deserves!! :thumbup1:

Have you thought about Nankang NS2Rs? I was tempted by the Avons but at £140 a corner + VAT for a tyre that rated to last up to 900 miles... I steered clear. Do they hold up well? The Nankangs surprised me and are a popular choice for the track!

Cant wait to see this in person!
Yes the Avon's are great. i've got some good footage on youtube driving them in the rain lol , you'll be surprised at the grip levels.

Yeah i have thought about those. I need some more tyres soon, i was thinking the NS2R's or even the Federal 595rsr'S. I get the Avon's ridiculously cheap, so use those for track & sprints.

What tyres are you running now?

·
Resident Gobshite
4,164 Posts
What tyres are you running now?
Use Nankang NS2Rs in 120 compound for the track and Michelin PSS for the road

If you're wanting to help a guy out i may need a new set of tyres ;-)

This Message Brought To You By MTs Resident Gobshite

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Use Nankang NS2Rs in 120 compound for the track and Michelin PSS for the road

If you're wanting to help a guy out i may need a new set of tyres ;-)

This Message Brought To You By MTs Resident Gobshite

How do you find the NS2R's - would you recommend i get a set?

Ha i'll let you know re tyres ;)

·
Resident Gobshite
4,164 Posts
How do you find the NS2R's - would you recommend i get a set?

Ha i'll let you know re tyres ;)
Well.. I was impressed and so was the instructor at Goodwood. Just make sure to switch back to road wheels ASAP... i have burnt through my fronts!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well.. I was impressed and so was the instructor at Goodwood. Just make sure to switch back to road wheels ASAP... i have burnt through my fronts!
Ah ok nice! i haven't got myself another set of wheels yet for the track, so its a case of driving around on semi slicks until i have the time to change the tyres back over at my local garage.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts