MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a thought last night after ordering my pulley tool, what about a group one or someone with an area one? Working on, say, a £10 a go rental system but also working on the 'you broke it, you replace it' principal? Obviously there would have to be someone with a JCW size one and proceeds beyond the initial purchase price could go back into the club or club nominated charity?
Your thoughts Ladies and gents... please.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
there would have to be a deposit paid imo, £100, £90 refunded less post, it'd be the only way to motivate a prompt return. There are people renting them out on ebay already.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where your coming from and for yourself, yes, most definitely, a prompt return of your tools is essential. But for myself once I've taken my pulley off it'll probably gather dust in my toolbox at work. So after talking to MaccMike, BigJim and Astroboy and realising not everyone lives in London or Scotland, as long as I knew who had it, I wouldn't, personally, be to concerned about borrowing mine out round Saffordshire/Cheshire east area.
Cheapest one I seen on the bay was £70, this Cravenspeed Orranje one was £80. So if 8 people over 12 months did a pulley change AND didn't break the tool= 1 free tool+9 happy people (y)
As I said I'm not interested in profiteering, just helping out, so if anyone else wanted to borrow after the tool had been paid for it could all go to a charity deemed fit by the collective.
Spose I was just thinking out loud.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
the best example of something similar I've seen was quite amazing really, for Aprilia RSVR/Factory bikes, to code in a second key you need a programming key which I already have but a guy in the states sent his out which ended up going all over the world, one or two late returners over a couple of years I think but it went everywhere, eventually I believe someone kept it, all done just at post cost.

Reactions: Deavilly76

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the best example of something similar I've seen was quite amazing really, for Aprilia RSVR/Factory bikes, to code in a second key you need a programming key which I already have but a guy in the states sent his out which ended up going all over the world, one or two late returners over a couple of years I think but it went everywhere, eventually I believe someone kept it, all done just at post cost.

Just helps everyone out (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts