MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Manifolds should be glowing at idle. FWIW I have my idle set at around 13.5:1 as that's what it likes

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing! maybe the car needs to be tuned at idle around 13 afr in order to work right!

Yesterday I started it without oxygen sensor at night. I checked the manifold and was slightly glowing that I believe its normal.. If it was at daylight you will never realize that its glowing...

Maybe my eyes gone mad after all this not working situation of the car...:LOL::LOL:

If everything goes well today I will load new file with few tweaks and more fuel above 4000rpm from my tuner! I will keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,698 Posts
The only time I've ever seen a manifold glow at idle the the timing was off. It shouldn't do it at all, possibly after a run up on the dyno but then only for a few seconds till it calms down

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
The only time I've ever seen a manifold glow at idle the the timing was off. It shouldn't do it at all, possibly after a run up on the dyno but then only for a few seconds till it calms down

My only problem now is that the manifold glowing only when idling cause the ecu is leaning out the mixture seeing it as very rich. Short fuel trims going negative 25%...All this with new oxygen, map and tmap sensors and correct timing! No vacuum or boost leaks also... When the car starts moving the manifold calms down. My tuner told me that with the new file the manifold will not glow again! lets hope everything goes as it should!

I am surely going mad with this situation...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hello guys again!
Today ive tried new test file my tuner send us and this is the log from cold start until I saw the manifold again glowin red... As I understood right after a conversation with my tuner the car has negative spark timing advance when idling and this is causing many problems.. Now we tracking down again the problem!

If anyone has any thoughts on the situation it will be very helpfull for me!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts