MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot be arsed anymore with shuffling about on me back underneath the car…(cos old)
can anyone recommend a low crawler that be used 2-4 time’s a year and not cost the earth,

so no snap-on etc ….

seen a few on eBay that look the same as Halfords black plastic one, or is there anybenifit in spending a little-more money on one that folds into a seat…

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper S
8 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight Daytona creeper. It’s excellent, except that the vinyl surface is easily stained by grease… and of course grease is going to drip on one of these things.

·
Baguette
2,160 Posts
I've got one that folds into a seat. It's mostly used as somewhere to put my toolbox so it can roll around. There isn't much space under a MINI on jack stands.
I have one of those transformers as well. It has pretty much stayed in the seat form, and it's mostly just occupying space. I haven't yet had the Mini high enough to use it as a creeper...

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper S
8 Posts
I have one of those transformers as well. It has pretty much stayed in the seat form, and it's mostly just occupying space. I haven't yet had the Mini high enough to use it as a creeper...
I have no problem jacking the Mini high enough for a creeper. And, my creeper can tilt up at the neck, which can be very comfortable.
I use a standard floor jack and the Mini is on jack stands. It’s height is enough so that I can stack two tires and slide two tires beneath each driver’s door as an additional safety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts