MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 737 Posts

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How it looks now

Having bought the car last year with the intention of building some kind of VW inspired show car I got use to the driving experience and have decided that the way these cars handle and drive cannot be wasted.

August 2011 - I bought the car in "standard" S form

I got sick of looking at chrome and stripes, so i dropped the mirrors and had a go at painting the front grill myself (bad move)

Anyway a few things happened including my car being raped by a sheep so I had to get some damage repaired!!
new door:

Front bumper modification

Bought some wheels from Charlie!

Okay enough pictures
Exterior:
Borbet Type C 16x7.J ET35 wheels
Aero Front Grill
Smoothed front bumper
Black door handles, filler cap, side scuttles.
Dechromed rear light clusters
CC boot handle
Rear Wiper Delete
De-stripe
Removable numberplate - ollie mortimer design (works a treat bro)

Brakes:
Jcw front calipers goodridge braided lines and dot 5 fluid
EBC dimpled,grooved and vented discs all round
Mintex pads all round

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, i have edited that post a few times.

Got a lot of fixing to do to it aswell unfortunately, though it does fit nicely with mods i would like to do.

In the new year its goin ter get poly bushes all round, exhaust (waiting for Piper exhausts ter release theirs before I make a decision)

CAI - not sure what to get,
pulley @17% (don't want to loose any reliability)
Intercooler (probs go front mount GRS)
Re-Map, can other companies make changes the the 1320 ECU? I live a bit far away from them.

Probably go for R56 brakes paired with 16" wheels for that extra damping over the bumps and cattle grids.

aaaaand the bit I have been dreading, I live on a farm, lowering the car is probably not the best idea unless I can get an unlimited supply of sumps.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
CAI - not sure what to get, Dave.f hybrid airbox
pulley @17% (don't want to loose any reliability) 15% or 17% - keep in mind the smaller the pulley the more heat and the more wear on the charger
Intercooler (probs go front mount GRS) GRS front mounts are not cheap but would be a good choice. A top mount GP or GRS intercooler will be fine though
Re-Map, can other companies make changes the the 1320 ECU? I live a bit far away from them. Don't even want to go into this haha (p.s. remaps are done on the stock ECU, the 1320 ECU is a completely different product

Probably go for R56 brakes paired with 16" wheels for that extra damping over the bumps and cattle grids. R56 Cooper S front brakes, leave the rears stock with uprated pads, brake fluid and brake lines
205/50/16 tyres

aaaaand the bit I have been dreading, I live on a farm, lowering the car is probably not the best idea unless I can get an unlimited supply of sumps. Get some decent coilovers, you don't have to slam it but it will handle a hell of a lot better and ride better too. Bilstein B14 PSS would be my recommendation
See in red

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, gives me a better idea about where its heading anyway. The ride height is about right at the minute, I will get a picture of the track down to my farm so you can see why, with the bilsteins is there a minimum ammount of lowering to them or can you run close to stock?

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,402 Posts
I don't live down a farm track but I do live at the end of a gravel road - and have finally got hold of a Cobalt aluminium skid plate to protect the under side of the engine bay. And with more tyre wall, I'm not worried anymore. And adjustable coils would be the way to go...

1 - 20 of 737 Posts