MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm actively looking to swap out my seats for a set of bucket seats. Obviously loads of people on here have fitted the seats, so I know it's no problem. My issue is all the great seat resellers are miles away from me, so I'm likely to buy without trying but secondly I just want an all inclusive place to buy the seat and the base plus runners as the seat will need to move for mot regs.

Who's recently purchased any, what did you buy (did you get matching seats and bases for eg) and where did you purchase from.
I'm told the mini has restrictions on width of seats, and depending on the seat and my height that the backs could be a bit on the short side.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
I don’t have bucket seats in my R53 but with another car I made the mistake of buying a bucket seat without trying it first and I was kicking myself for that.

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
Where are you based? Sports Seats 4u are a good bet as they have a lot you can park your arse in and are based in Nottingham, they also do all the mounts, runners and they do packages. Better than Demon Thieves by all accounts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t have bucket seats in my R53 but with another car I made the mistake of buying a bucket seat without trying it first and I was kicking myself for that.
That is the fear.. Im 6"3 relatively athletic (i am a pt) with a 34" waist. so trying to work out what seats i could fit into. I see some brands do XL variants, but when i spoke to GSM they said to not go for the XL variants inthe mini as they wont fit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you based? Sports Seats 4u are a good bet as they have a lot you can park your arse in and are based in Nottingham, they also do all the mounts, runners and they do packages. Better than Demon Thieves by all accounts.
Im in North London near Alexander Palace. Nottingham is a bit keen! ha! I have seen SPorts seats 4 u, but im questioning if im looking at the wrong seats. Its moderatly lazy of me asking but figured this is the place to ask as we're all mini owners so personal experience counts for a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Guy was/is a massive fucker... He fit OEM recaros out of an Evo in his.

I think quite a few "normal" sized seats hit or are very close to the door card.

You might be as well off checking a load of project threads to see what people are using, then find somewhere that sells them and see if they suit you.

Also, you can be comfy as fuck for 10mins sat in a showroom, totally different to an hour commute down bumpy roads.....

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Do you have a budget? I still love my club sport XL's. Super comfy even for a four hour slog to mitp

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I'm also 6'3" and pretty broad, only a few seats work for me, Tillett B6F XL, Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit GT, and Sparco Rev2, I have the latter bolted straight to floor, MOT not an issue, I have road legal Sparco bolt in harnesses, a pair of matching seats, no rear seats. The Cobra's will push shoulders a little further forward, and the front of the seat sides are taller, so if you rely on having to hold knees apart you can be restricted. The Sparco's do foul the door cards slightly, mine now have slight dents, only because the seats are that bit wider but also the door card thickens at the top toward the rear. Straight to floor is just great for my height, slight recline setting, wrists just reach the top of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a pair of Cobra Suzuka Pro fit
Do you have a budget? I still love my club sport XL's. Super comfy even for a four hour slog to mitp
I dont really..obviously it isnt endless and so i guess if i cant get it all in and done for under a grand as an absolute max then im ok with that. The Cobra Nogaros looked epic, then i saw the price..now im sad i cant afford them haha!

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
There is a pair of Cobra Suzuka Pro fit

I dont really..obviously it isnt endless and so i guess if i cant get it all in and done for under a grand as an absolute max then im ok with that. The Cobra Nogaros looked epic, then i saw the price..now im sad i cant afford them haha!
Different end of the scale, I think mine were about £240 a pair when I bought them lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm also 6'3" and pretty broad, only a few seats work for me, Tillett B6F XL, Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit GT, and Sparco Rev2, I have the latter bolted straight to floor, MOT not an issue, I have road legal Sparco bolt in harnesses, a pair of matching seats, no rear seats. The Cobra's will push shoulders a little further forward, and the front of the seat sides are taller, so if you rely on having to hold knees apart you can be restricted. The Sparco's do foul the door cards slightly, mine now have slight dents, only because the seats are that bit wider but also the door card thickens at the top toward the rear. Straight to floor is just great for my height, slight recline setting, wrists just reach the top of the steering wheel.
Thanks for that info thats a big help to me. Ill look at those seats and discount the suzuka pro fit as they arent GT versions. Is it the Sparco road legal seat belts that makes a fixed seat "legal" then? Being nolted to the floor is that comparatively the same to standard in its lowest setting or lower? Id happily go a little lower tbh.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
£240 a pair!! Blimey!
They were an absolute steal back in the day. There is a new model out now and they've gone up a shitload

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Actually thinking back they were just under £300 apologies. Still silly cheap though

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They were an absolute steal back in the day. There is a new model out now and they've gone up a shitload
TBH id happilly jump into those, they look decent enough. My issue is on the sizing diagram. They look small af on the internal seat width. Even on XL size theyre only 38cm wide..I ran a tape measure across my hips and pretty sure it was more than that!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Dammit! I'm in Ally Pally and just last week chucked some runners into the skip at Wood Green Recycling Centre :cry:

I've got Sparco Evo II's if you want to have a sit in them sometime.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Haha! Ok im going to look at this seat and if i can find a package for side mounts and runners. Thanks!
They come with them. I binned off the runners and have the side mounts bolted to the stock runners

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They come with them. I binned off the runners and have the side mounts bolted to the stock runners
Amazing, so no need for anything else then. I'll grab these. Sports seats 4u do the pair plus fittings for £420 With the fitting option takes it to £605 inc vat I'm happy with that. Guys thanks for the input today, it really does help having people on hand to offer up help and suggestions so thank you.

?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts