MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably its best brake kit you can find on the market for R50 – R52 – R53
)))

Brakes are used, but in ideal state. Mileage after full calipers rebuild and paint – 1250 miles. Discs and pads ran only about 3000 miles. No racing.

Caliper – 4piston Brembo, asymmetrical 42mm (1,65 inch) pistons for equable pads wear. Such calipers are installed on most powerful Alfa Romeo’s. Were fully serviced and painted by a fanatical mechanic.

Pad – same as in EVO / STI / Volvo S60 R/ Megane RS / Audi TT RS etc. Easier to find and buy ones than for a stock MINI. Many variants from cheap (about 40$) for road and up to hard racing compounds. Now are installed Ferodo, for road use, wear is 1,5 mm (0,05 inch). New Trusting (Italy) pads as a I gift.

Disc – from most powerful Alfa Romeo 166 or Lancia. Size 310x28mm (12,2x1,2 inch). Now installed TRW, no significant wear. A pair with shipping cost on Ebay 150$ and even taking into account the work of a motorshop for MINI adaptation its still cheap. More expensive, drilled or slotted, is possible to order – such cars are common in Europe.

Brake line – Goodridge, factory made as used for JCW R56

Mounts – made of stell, zink coated. All bolts are of strength class needed. Wheel spacers custom made to fit R53 stock rims, long wheel bolts included.

Weight – whole kit, both sides - 64,8 pounds.

- Nothing to be added for installation. Removed from my own R53, performed great.

- Comparing to factory JCW kits produce more brake power due to large pistons and wide pad. If BREMBO JCW R56 is 100% stopping power, than GP2 Brembo is 111,5%, this BREMBO kit - 116,5%.

Price – 800$

Shipping to US or Canada – 130$

Paypal payment as a gift

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
gp2 kit less than this? don't think so.

Reactions: KeithyCoop

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gp2 kit less than this? don't think so.
I can provide you complicated formulas and calculations, but better to stay with percentage.
Lets consider R56 4piston brakes as 100% of stopping power and stopping torque.
GP2 six piston brembos are 108% of power and 120% of torque. My Brembos are 120% and 136%.
If its interesting to you, I have an Excel file to calculate every brake system - could share.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts