MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Hi James,
whereabouts are you in the country, maybe could meet up to swap parts for cash?
regards
Stuart

Registered
So my wish list is as follows, ECU, EWS, key, steering column lock and door locks, need those as one package, anything not matching and I believe this won't work. and then secondly the airbox, cold air scoop and pipes, please let me know what you would want for these and hopefully we can agree on a price 馃榾
regards
Stuart

Registered
Greetings from sunny Mexico, Mr. James:
Interested in Power Door Actuator both Left + Right door. Sorry about your Mini's aversion to swimming. Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Hi James,
sorry to mess you about, I meant the immobiliser unit which is also referred to as the EWS unit, not the ECU,
here is a pic from the parts manual of the air intake bits, which ones do you have, I see the box and some pipework.
View attachment 100073
cheers
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Sorry, I did t see your reply. Yes I have the immobiliser EWS unit. I鈥檒l get a picture sent as this is still on the car. All of the air box bits are there, he just didn鈥檛 remove them all for the picture. If you鈥檙e still interested I can get these bits taken off too.
Best,

James

Registered
Hi James
No problem, yes still interested, whereabouts are you?
Could maybe save delivery costs
Regards
Stuart

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Hi James
No problem, yes still interested, whereabouts are you?
Could maybe save delivery costs
Regards
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
It鈥檚 a small village called Broom on the outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon. If it鈥檚 not too far I can give you full address and postcode.
James

Registered
Hi James,
might make a good day out for me, need to add to my shopping list too, and we need to discuss money as well,
I need the drivers side seat belt if you have the same type, mine has a bar near the bottom of the door, with the top belt cover as well please, and also there is a panel that holds the switchgear in the centre console. It is starting to look like the whole car ha ha ha.
regards
Stuart

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Hi James,
might make a good day out for me, need to add to my shopping list too, and we need to discuss money as well,

I need the drivers side seat belt if you have the same type, mine has a bar near the bottom of the door, with the top belt cover as well please, and also there is a panel that holds the switchgear in the centre console. It is starting to look like the whole car ha ha ha.
regards
Stuart
Hi,
I have attached some pictures that show the belt and more of the airbox which we鈥檝e removed. Also the other ECU (think it鈥檚 the one you need). What exactly does the switchgear prt you need look like?
thanks,
James

Registered
Hi James,
ok the seat belt looks different to mine, it is bolted at the bottom, whereas mine slides on a bar.
the air box is great and the ews unit, the switches for windows etc are actually contained in that unit with the circular metal loops, that is what is missing in mine, not sure if they come out as a harness.
regards
Stuart

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Hi James,
ok the seat belt looks different to mine, it is bolted at the bottom, whereas mine slides on a bar.
the air box is great and the ews unit, the switches for windows etc are actually contained in that unit with the circular metal loops, that is what is missing in mine, not sure if they come out as a harness.
regards
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
please see pics of how the switch unit came out.
James

Registered
hmm, maybe mine has been modified as to me it looks like it is hard wired, or maybe they changed it on your model, I will be able to come up to pick these items up on the w/c the 29th if that is ok? we still need to talk money though and have you managed to get the door and ignition locks out yet?
cheers
Stuart

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
hmm, maybe mine has been modified as to me it looks like it is hard wired, or maybe they changed it on your model, I will be able to come up to pick these items up on the w/c the 29th if that is ok? we still need to talk money though and have you managed to get the door and ignition locks out yet?
cheers
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Door locks are out and ignition should be out now too. Let me know what day that week it鈥檒l be and I鈥檒l let my dad know so that he鈥檚 definitely there and everything is ready.
Best,
James

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Ok great,
which day is best for your dad? I take it you live somewhere different,
cheers
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Yes, I鈥檓 based in London and won鈥檛 be able to get back unfortunately. Does Wednesday work for you?
James

Registered
Sorry James,
I thought I had replied to this,
wednesday is ok for me, what sort of time would suit best?
we still need to agree on a price and how you would like to be paid etc,
regards
Stuart

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry James,
I thought I had replied to this,
wednesday is ok for me, what sort of time would suit best?
we still need to agree on a price and how you would like to be paid etc,
regards
Stuart
Hi Stuart,

yes, I replied yesterday. Has it not come through? Can you send me the finalised list of the parts you want to take, and I鈥檒l make sure they鈥檙e all ready and work out the cost.
Thanks,
James

Registered
James,
does the private messaging work for you, don't want your details and mine on this forum,
regards
Stuart

Registered
hopefully this comes through to you,
parts I need,
all those airbox bits you showed, so airbox, throttle body pipe, breather, cold air intake and related pipe and box, are the bolts alos available for these?, the immobiliser (EWS) and ECU. any keys, door lock and ignition lock. That switch unit (for the windows etc) but, I think mine has been hard wired for some reason so just an addon, and then, the seat belt covers above the top mount for the belt, so that means the belt needs to be removed from the bottom mount to allow those to be removed.
is this ok, if so please let me know what time to be up there, hopefully 10 am would be ok?
regards
Stuart

21 - 40 of 42 Posts