MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service light for a brake pad change has come on. I have a r56 cooper s which is standard at the moment. What are the options? Was looking at the mintex 1144 pads. Also do i need to change the brake sensors?
thanks

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Carbotech XP8's IMO (you will need new disks too though as the carbotech compound needs to coat the disk to work properly) and just cable tie the sensors out of the way. The brake light will need a dealer reset though IIRC

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts
Do you plan tracking Josh?
If not then DONT get the carbotechs, mine are getting on my tits and I'm about to change them out in favour of a less squeeky pad. Dont get me wrong though they have brilliant stopping power, but its a fair bit of compromise for the street.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no plans at present to track the car. The car is used daily so dont want any squeaks.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I would recommend the Performance Friction Z rated pads. Have had them on our car for one heavy trackday and use them daily. No noise and very little dust and work well on the road. If you are anywhere near us you can come and try them on our car.

We were so impressed with them we have placed a stocking order with Performance Friction. They are well priced too at £74.51 inc VAT plus £7.00 postage.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
The EBC Yellows are also another good option! Agree with the above, stay away from carbotechs!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
EBC Yellowstuff part numbers

Just thought I'd put up the Yellowstuff part numbers that I'm currently using on my R56 S, the car has standard calipers, uprated JCW retrofit discs on the front and EBC Ultimax discs on the rear.

The Yellowstuff R and the combination of discs seem a really good upgrade to me, only ever used on public roads though, great cold bite and decent stopping power, not too expensive, would use them again, read LOADS of negative stuff about EBC, honestly, I could not be happier with the yellowstuff, the ultimax discs on the rear have not disintegrated either..

Having read a fair bit on the net in various forums when I was looking for brakes, I have to say that I think Andy Freeman is a decent person and has really tried to move the company forward by improving quality.
Just my opinion.

Anyways below are the part numbers that worked for me.

Front : DP41789R (Also fits R53 JCW 03' onwards as well)
Rear : DP41931R (Fits R56 Cooper and D variants also)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts