MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Agree it’s an odd comparison, but they were both within the price constraint and I hadn’t heard much about PBS before, so your post is absolutely spot on given that you are using them now, thanks for the feedback I’ll give them a go 👍🏽

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fro-dizzle, did you go for the pbs then? If so what’s your initial thoughts mate? I need some front pads too and came across the pbs pro race, but can’t make my mind up, my indecisiveness is doing my head in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pas de comparaison

Ds2500 pour la route

Pbs prorace, très bon pour la route et les jours de piste, similaire ds Uno

J'ai testé fo the front ds 2500, ds uno. Ebc jaune, RC6, PBS Prorace
And ds 2500 , pbs prorace for the rear

Pbs prorace the best quality/cost

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fro-dizzle, did you go for the pbs then? If so what’s your initial thoughts mate? I need some front pads too and came across the pbs pro race, but can’t make my mind up, my indecisiveness is doing my head in.
Both my track days for Jan & Feb were cancelled so deferred replacing pads for now.

Might be booking one for April, so will get a set for that if I do.

But will definitely be giving the PBS a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had snetterton booked in nov but that was cancelled so I’m looking to do one around April/may time now too.
Last night I had decided I was going with the ds1.11’s but fast forward 24 hours and I’m now undecided again.
Same as discs, undecided weather to go for nitrac or brembo hc.
Too many options.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice, that’s where I was meant to be in Jan. looking like Bedford or Snetterton in April at the mo.

I’m exactly the same as you, finally decided to take a punt on the PBS, hoping to be able to find them on sale again before I need them as I missed out last time due to dithering too much.

With discs I can’t stretch to Nitrac this year but definitely want to give them a shot the next time round.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I can very highly recommend DS1.11.

I used them for a few years on my previous track e36 328 & use them on my r53, they are superb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cheers for that feedback mate. Was going to take a punt on the pbs this morning but now back to undecided. I’ll be honest it’s only because I’ve seen the ds1.11 the same price as the pbs that I’m considering them otherwise they are a little more then I wanted to spend.
What discs you using with these pal?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Dimpled/grooved (never fully drilled!) good quality discs work fine.

I can't remember what my current ones are, just stay well clear of ebay M-tec, I have tried them before & they are sh!t!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeh I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews on Mtec, sounds like most mini owners who have used them didn’t get on with them. Anyone heard of Godspeed, they do a very good looking disc (I know it’s not about looks) that seems reasonably priced, offer 12month warping guarantee on track/competition use too.

·
Bugger
25,399 Posts
Buy. Decent. Discs.

Brembo, OE, DBA, Performance Friction, Carbotech, hell even EBC are ok as discs go.

I've got Brembos on mine and they have held up well.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
PBS Pro Race currently 20% off on EBay from JJC.
8071PR are the code for R56 Brembos.

Just ordered some and will give them a go at Bedford next month.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Swapped my front calipers for Mégane Brembos, with 330mm Brembo blanks and PBS pro race pads. Got Snetterton this Friday so looking forward to seeing how they go...previously had Nitrac discs and XP8s on my standard R56s calipers.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,610 Posts
I've heard good things about Godspeed, I had them in mind for a caliper refurb.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,881 Posts
Looking like I’m half way through the rear PBS pads I fitted last week 😬
although I think that says more about me and Bedford GT than the pads

i like late braking, if I’m not hanging off my seatbelt I’m not doing it properly
lots of time to be made up against bigger and heavier cars,

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Do you have a previous pad usage for Bedford to compare against?
Seems a lot for the rears considering the internet says they don’t do much haha

What are you running up front on your GP2s? And how did they do?

Did you notice any braking force differences with the PBS rears compared to what you have used previously?

If that’s how Bedford is then I’ll take a spare pair of rears as they’re standard at the mo, although doubt I have the balls you do with regards to late braking as yet.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,881 Posts
Normally boggo pagid rears for me, on my r53. I guess 2-ish track days new to death.

for some context with the jcw roadster the oem pads and discs were rusted/pitted from new (to me) at 3k as the car was most stationary for 5 years, 2011- 2017 so 5+ Bedfords, 1/2 day at rockingham, 2 x 30 minutes at Silverstone, curborough etc
over 8k it never cleaned up the rear face, on original parts, all by running xp8 on jcw calipers up front end and ate 200 fluid.
upgraded fronts over the summer with gp2/Bmw 135i calipers with brembo pads. And rear last week with pagid disc and pbs pads, will dig out some pictures later this week, wish I had measured thickness to compare, no idea on the fronts as buried in calipers.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
did you use 135I or GP2 for yours?

fwiw I just use OEM pads in the back and they'll do a few days,

21 - 40 of 42 Posts