MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I鈥檓 new to mini torque so hello 馃憢
I own a mini R56 jcw. I have a weird problem with the rear brake lights that I can not seem to find anything similar on any of the threads. Basically, When I press the brakes, the brake lights come on, then off for a second before coming back on. But only when the car is moving. Happens every time I press the brakes. It doesn鈥檛 do this when the car is stationary. Has anyone seen this before?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Easy one would be brake light switch.
Bad earth?
Are they standard bulbs?
I have the Union Jack lights, but was happening with the normal bulbs. So brake light switch? That with the brake pedal? I thought maybe bad earth. Where would be the bad earth?
glad you think it鈥檚 easy, puts my mind ease 馃槵

Premium Member
Please dont let me mislead you, a brake light switch would be easy. A faulty earth would be a right royal pain.

Premium Member
2006 R53
I'm going to assume that the R56 brake light switch is the same as the R53, which is probably off the mark. If it is, then then its not a switch as such, its a proximity sensor which sits in an adjustable serrated holder. By default the brake lights are on, so lifting the pedal turns them off (pressing the pedal doesn't turn them on). It could just be that the sensor needs moving a click or two as they are easily knocked

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to assume that the R56 brake light switch is the same as the R53, which is probably off the mark. If it is, then then its not a switch as such, its a proximity sensor which sits in an adjustable serrated holder. By default the brake lights are on, so lifting the pedal turns them off (pressing the pedal doesn't turn them on). It could just be that the sensor needs moving a click or two as they are easily knocked

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Thanks really helpful brother. I will check that before I go searching for a bad ground. Really not looking forward to that bit 馃槱

1 - 6 of 6 Posts