MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
:)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had my callipers painted ?? They look smoking hot! Thought I'd show them off!
(Sorry about the disgustingly dirty wheels I'm not allowed to wash it until tomorrow in order for my paint to dry on the bumper repair I had on Friday.)

11855705_903898619679033_3938802052880909650_n.jpg

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car's blue! And I know people say don't do it the same colour as your car because it's supposed to be a feature, they actually look really good!
Plus, red is too common :p

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly! Which is why is did it ;) Adds more BHP I heard! hahahaa
I was going to choose yellow too Ashlais, but I do like them blue! They really stand out on my MINI. Just need the back ones doing now, as each side took 2 hours! :(

·
Resident Gobshite
4,147 Posts
Looks good. I sprayed mine to match the car as they are just the standard R56 callipers.

Don't want to have loud and lairy callipers if they aren't anything special. If you want to do that you may as well buy these... :lol:

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine kind of match the car, they're a little darker as my car is Electric blue :)
hahaha yeah tell me about it.. but the real ones are soooooooooo nice!! :drool: :drool: If only they were blue ;)
nah, my callipers are only standard so I went for a subtle colour

·
Resident Gobshite
4,147 Posts
I was in Mini Motorsport in Shoreham the other day... NEVER going back there again but that's another story.

A guy was having a set of the BIGGEST 4 pot Porsche brakes fitted to his GP1 I had ever seen. The Pistons were HUGE!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, probably the same, mine are the Porsche "Big Reds" from a 911 twin Turbo, about 3mm clearance inside a 17" wheel:

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's mental! I'm looking to get some new wheels too, but not sure whether to swap mine for some (and money of course) or to keep mine and pay more for new ones in the case I ever have to sell and they want Original wheels.

·
Resident Gobshite
4,147 Posts
Quite possibly the same! All I know is he needed 18s to fit them with no issues. Nuts!

Overkill on a MINI but they look fecking awesome. Wear them with pride ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good. I sprayed mine to match the car as they are just the standard R56 callipers.

Don't want to have loud and lairy callipers if they aren't anything special. If you want to do that you may as well buy these... :lol:
My Mate bought a car that someone had stuck them onto, it was a punto too :thumbup1: that car had a few 'tasteful' modifications

·
Resident Gobshite
4,147 Posts
My Mate bought a car that someone had stuck them onto, it was a punto too :thumbup1: that car had a few 'tasteful' modifications
Please tell me it was sold 'With Brembos'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts