MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time tonight, I started the car and the boot opened. Because I have those emerald struts it pops wide open. I figured I must have done something to the key. Try again and no issues so I go for a drive, stop off and get back in and I can't start the car without opening the boot.

I can't see the key fouling on the release button so I had to disable the boot switch. Now wondering if I can reach it to plug it in through the cage haha!

Has anyone encountered this and if so any ideas?

Thanks

· Premium Member
548 Posts
Not come across that before. Sorry. I've had the boot release switch stop working so it couldn't open but that was much easier to diagnose. Hope somebody can help

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think it's sorted with a kind response via Instagram of someone experiencing the same and also on a Google search. Turns out the rear boot hatch handle gets compromised and leaks water shorting circuitry in the tail lights and also onto the locking mechanism switch.

I've ordered a new rear boot handle and have cleaned the terminals on the latch and it's working ok.

Will see how things go.

· Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
684 Posts
There is a possibility the door handle of the rear door has a problem with the micro switch being very sensitive! it signals the door to open just like you used door handle pressure!!

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a possibility the door handle of the rear door has a problem with the micro switch being very sensitive! it signals the door to open just like you used door handle pressure!!
Yeah I had the whole thing off and cleaned it up as best as possible. The handle was indeed almost frozen stuff but have managed to free it off so it hinges left and right. I've ordered another for the sake of £45 and will swap out the black trim for my pepper white.
I cleaned the contacts and into the lock connector. So far so good. But now experiencing other issues which I'm putting down to a failed/failing frm module. Abs sensor just come on, got a red service light that can't be cleared, no full beam etc. Patience wearing thin! So will aim to find someone to fit/code a new module. Any tips for a London local?

· MIN-Tily Challenged
8,321 Posts
Had so many bad issues with my r53 boot handle/lamp assembly that as soon as I purchased an f56 I was watching eBay for spares, picked one up within 3 months of ownership so obviously it has been faultless for the last 8 years :ROFLMAO:

(it’s also a cosmetic de-chrome change but thought I would wait to upgrade it after any issues)

watching this thread as my roadster will obviously need a new handle at some stage and currently I don’t have a spare for it :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts