MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a Mini Cooper S R56 2009 with 213000 km EUROPEAN model.

The cars has had the timing chain replaced a year ago, the thermostat, water pump and the crossover pipe 6 months ago and the oil cooler gaskets a few months back.

The issue I currently have is a boost cut around 4000 rpm. It doesn't happen all the time.
The boost cut is obvious because the car can't go above 6000rpm and it barely can get to 6000rpm.

Today the issue was happening, the I parked my car to hook up my diagnostics and everything was fine after that.

The Air Mass Flow value from Carly reached 500kg/h at around 4500RPM.

When the issue is present there seems to be a lot more backfiring. At first I thought it was the air intake hose, however that was put back into its place.

Honestly, I am lost and don't know where to look so any ideas would be appreciated. The only thing that springs to mind is to check the turbo at a shop.

Attached below you can find a Carly log for more live data, I'm unsure about whether it is good or bad.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will check them out. The pre cat lambda sensor or oxygen sensors not even sure was messed with recently. I will get the car on a lift as soon as I can and post my update here.

p.s went to a garage to check my turbo pressure, under normal conditions it ranges anywhere from 0.8 to 1 bar. There is a temporary over boost to about 1.2 bar and you really need to push the car to it's limits.

p.p.s does anyone in an EU based model have a sport button?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still haven't gotten around to checking the lower lambda sensors for tension, however I seem to get a 002786 (Additional mixture adaptation) code in the dme, it doesn't throw a CEL

1 - 3 of 4 Posts