MiniTorque.com banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
That manifold and downpipe look tricky to make! Great looking bit of kit though. What are you doing in terms of heat shielding?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
It's gonna be great, but just curious that no UK company can offer this kind of fab or will the price be too extortionate.
I've no doubt it's possible for uk companies to do it, but i think you're spot on with pricing being too extortionate. That and the lack of development here in the uk for big turbos especially on the R56. It seems much more accessible for big turbos on r53's from what i can see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now that's a piece of work! I didn't look at the instagram pics --- will the WG linkage clear the fan housing and front end framework?

As for heat shielding, consider ceramic coating for manifold, DP, and turbine housing. Should be a lot cleaner installation than wrapping all these tubes.

Reactions: knt and GC1980

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
That manifold and downpipe look tricky to make! Great looking bit of kit though. What are you doing in terms of heat shielding?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sorry George I missed this.. my dilemma is it looks so nice its going to be a shame to hide it, but equally it would be best for performance to keep those temps down. I'm going to weigh up costs of ceramic coating, and thermo met. The latter I'm sure will be mega money but I'd like to know what it would come to.

Future plans for bonnet vents similar in size to the RSiC6 ones might help with under bonnet temps.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Now that's a piece of work! I didn't look at the instagram pics --- will the WG linkage clear the fan housing and front end framework?

As for heat shielding, consider ceramic coating for manifold, DP, and turbine housing. Should be a lot cleaner installation than wrapping all these tubes.
Yes it all clears, if you check out their page you'll have to do some digging but there are a few minis on their page and clearance doesn't seem to be an issue. Some very minor fettling but the biggies like AC and alternator are fine.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
If you bought the manifold I was selling you since day one you would have all your problems solved. Keeping both aircon and alternator in place . The only bad thing for you was the fact that turbo is not on top but ... hanging on the manifold. Nevermind mate. Again love the new one you ordered.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·

Evening all, it's been a while and thought I'd share the manifold and downpipe pics. This is my setup that's now n its way via UPS from Italy. Incredible work, so excited to see it in the flesh and get it installed with my gtx.

Did a deal with @Jimmer for his K Sport 8 pot brakes, which will be replacing my 4 PT JCWs. These things are HUGE! Thanks mate.

Finally, swapping out the ST coilovers for these BC Racing DS series. Will be a lot firmer but should also stop the car bottoming out.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
TOYS!! Haha

Reactions: GC1980

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Fiiiiinally, after a long wait and an extra week in customs after paying the vat the manifold and downpipe have arrived!

Have to say I'm really pleased with the product. Next stop is heat management, which route I take etc. Can't imagine this will be easy to wrap so possibly toying with Thermomet. It is bloody expensive though. £300 for this Downpipe alone on na recent quote.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts