MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
An aem wideband failsafe gauge will log everything you need to virtual dyno the car

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yeah, that's enough if you can log it against rpm. Can you output that as a CSV file?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yep should be able to log the rpm. Yes I can export to a .CSV file which is what I did tonight and then sent to RPM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm going to get it delivered and double check. I'll be pretty pissed if it's the wrong manifold but I'm sure all will be ok. Will take on board your advice and see how it goes. Got the wife's car I can borrow if needs be.

On another note I took the car in for a Dyno today at a fairly reputable tuning shop. I've had previous cars mapped by them without any issues. Have to say bit deflated with the result. Unless there are some other issues with the car I don't know about I would have thought it would make more given the cars spec.

It's only 10bhp up on my old manic stage 2 but down 35nm on a pattern JCW turbo and on a stock engine.

View attachment 102104
Will want to find out what's with this first now I think before the upgrades.
The Dyno numbers look very deceiving, if you remove the bump it only makes 300 nm.

How much boost are you running?

Also the timing on this cars starts at Wot at 2-4 degrees and goes up to 9-11 degrees on high rpm.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 7 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The Dyno numbers look very deceiving, if you remove the bump it only makes 300 nm.

How much boost are you running?

Also the timing on this cars starts at Wot at 2-4 degrees and goes up to 9-11 degrees on high rpm.

Hmm not so sure about that if you run across with your finger the lowest point is probably 320nm and that's at the end of the rev range. Still not loads but it's not 300.

Boost peaks briefly at 22.13psi. Here is a pull on the motorway in 3rd. It then levels around 21.5/6 psi dropping to just over 21 as I get to just shy of the limiter. A 4th gear pull would probably get a better result but your really motoring at that point.

The timing you're talking about, are those the parameters it should be working in then?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Yep should be able to log the rpm. Yes I can export to a .CSV file which is what I did tonight and then sent to RPM.
Set up a profile on Datazap and format your CSV file so you just have headings and columns of data. Once you have it the graph you can analyse it much easier. 4th gear runs are probably best as 3rd doesn't last very long but as you say you are motoring along by the time you're at the top end.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
How many revisions of the tune has been done so far for the mods?
All the mods were on and accounted for on the map. I have a low boost map and a high boost map, I tried the low boost but that was on my hybridised JCW turbo but it was struggling to build to the right amount of boost without winding back on the actuator arm. Eventually it did but wasn't a long term solution. In came the Turbo Systems hybrid and a small tweak on the actuator arm and it got me to our desired boost levels of around 22psi.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Set up a profile on Datazap and format your CSV file so you just have headings and columns of data. Once you have it the graph you can analyse it much easier. 4th gear runs are probably best as 3rd doesn't last very long but as you say you are motoring along by the time you're at the top end.

Just created a Datazap Profile. Not sure if you can search for me and read my charts but it's down as ClementRacing (just a bit of fun and nod to my old man who used to race in the 70s..I wish I was racing!)

Uploaded 3 charts that I have so far.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Just created a Datazap Profile. Not sure if you can search for me and read my charts but it's down as ClementRacing (just a bit of fun and nod to my old man who used to race in the 70s..I wish I was racing!)

Uploaded 3 charts that I have so far.

Cheers.
I think you have to share the chart before other people can see it. If you look in the top left corner of the chart there will be a file name. If you click on that it will allow you to copy and paste the link

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I think you have to share the chart before other people can see it. If you look in the top left corner of the chart there will be a file name. If you click on that it will allow you to copy and paste the link

Thanks. the first chart i didnt post because its not a great chart, probably me on and off the throttle looking for a gap to pull.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All the mods were on and accounted for on the map. I have a low boost map and a high boost map, I tried the low boost but that was on my hybridised JCW turbo but it was struggling to build to the right amount of boost without winding back on the actuator arm. Eventually it did but wasn't a long term solution. In came the Turbo Systems hybrid and a small tweak on the actuator arm and it got me to our desired boost levels of around 22psi.
Weird that the systems struggles with building boost. Do you have issues with backpressure?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Weird that the systems struggles with building boost. Do you have issues with backpressure?

Not that I'm aware of. It's a cobra 2.5” decat and a stock JCW exhaust so won't be the most free flowing but not sure that's the issue. It's beyond my knowledge tbh. The head although stock has had a port and polish.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
stock cams?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
stock cams?
Yes. Lorenzo at RPM suggests catcams (603) plus meth would be a wise next step and should help push it towards the 300bhp mark. Have already emailed 1320 to see what they would charge to install and setup.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
not cheap when there's two😂

they're about to be available from Newman also fwiw, I have a pair here already but not a retail set which will be available soon,

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

they're about to be available from Newman also fwiw, I have a pair here already but not a retail set which will be available soon,
Haha true! Think 1320 have a little offer on them as a pair ATM. £670 instead of £720 a set.

How much are the Newman's likely to fetch?

·
Registered
122 Posts

Just checked the Newman web site --- nothing for the N14, only base and 1st gen. How will these new cams compare to Cat Cams ~603 set, in lift and duration? How "soon" for availability?

Didn't look for Kent cams, same story?

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
that's convenient if on the 603's as well

Newman cost isn't confirmed, billet like these they'd be a lot also but they are making them in the same material as the usual options which is what makes them the cheapest cam options available generally, so I expect they'll confirm them at less than the Catcams I'm sure, maybe ~£560 but I'll be speaking to them this week anyway so might confirm costs and when I'll see the retail version, these have been in progress for the last few months and really are imminent....

unlike the Catcam they probably won't be doing more than one for general sale but we'll see, the likelihood is their basic version will have more lift than the Catcam 601 anyway,

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Just checked the Newman web site --- nothing for the N14, only base and 1st gen. How will these new cams compare to Cat Cams ~603 set, in lift and duration? How "soon" for availability?

Didn't look for Kent cams, same story?
you won't see them on the Newman site, not yet, I'll get the specs for the retail versions for you, I have them here already as said but I can't supply the development ones I have. I have cams available that others as yet do not, and probably won't get, including two more for the R53.
WP_20200909_001.jpg

Kent the same, the EW01 (classic SPi/MPi) and EW02 (R53) aren't on their site either, I'll have another for the R53 soon, they can only be bought through me directly. The N14 cams will be announced as and when they're available.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts