MiniTorque.com banner
341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Morning all,

So a little update on the mini from Thomas at 1320. They have managed to get a couple of runs in now on the dyno and a few issues to fix still. Leaking meth from the 4 lines, and a broken BOV after it had trouble closing even with the shims left in. It was suggested the vac lines going to the snow controller boost guage, the bov, eboost2 guage and the turbo may be too much.

Despite this the car has so far made 320whp and 283wtq at i think 21lbs and no meth. No signs of knocking either which im very happy to hear. So decent numbers as far as im concerned and maybe a little more with the addition of meth once that and the bov is sorted.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
That looks mechanically sympathetic and drivable. Not too vicious. Is that AFR and manifold pressure on there too?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yeah I think so. What struck me was the torque coming in earlier and staying flatter than on the SCS, and more of it too.

The lowest black line is afr. Not sure on the manifold pressure. Will need to ask.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It just looks better and smoother. You've got rid of that boost spike and you've got a flatter torque curve. The afr isn't so rich on initial spool either. It should feel much better to drive. Would be interesting to see the difference in ignition advance too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

341 - 351 of 351 Posts