MiniTorque.com banner
301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Car Tire

Not going so well this afternoon. Car just died in traffic and took ages for it to crank and start before afrs going 14,15,1617,18,19,20 and I shut it off again.

Waiting to get the ECU lead and then I'll plug it in and see what it says. But no two ways about it I'll have to send it to SCS asap. Can't be dealing with this any more.

Sorry I didn't respond to the above KNT I thought I had done. But yes the mechanics of the car are fine, it's all gone south since the SCS has been on.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
That does not look fun. Hopefully SCS will have some answers

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I was wondering because I have the open itg airfilter and with the ambient temp at 28 degrees if it was just sucking up too much hot air and it didn't like it? Was running quite well prior to the standstill traffic.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
It would be nice if that was the answer but from your previous posts it sounds like there's more to it than that. Your air filter placement isn't the best for standstill traffic but the ECU knows the intake air temps and should be able to compensate. At least it's something you can try to replicate when you talk to SCS.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Ive just spoken with mattew at SCS. He was happy to take the car in, but also agreed to terms of a refund. Im going to do a refund and revert back to the stock ECU. I just need to get myself an airfilter to go over the maf sensor. Bit of a bummer that i sold off the old RPM velocity stack for it to mount to, but ill fabricate something up.

Obviously i now need to get the car mapped. So if people have suggestions then hit me up.

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,439 Posts
surely bailing on them looking at it leaves it open as to whether they'd have ever resolved it? Maybe if they did look and still couldn't sort it out, then refunding it would be a more progressive solution or resolution, having exhausted the avenue? It'd only help them develop something further so would expect they'd want to get involved \O/ Still, if they agreed a refund it's more than some would I'm sure.

takes me back to Link options, or at least curiosity,

glad I'm limiting my 56 play to cams and gearing primarily, less of a headache perhaps, I'd soon get bored chasing what you have I think,

Reactions: Alski

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Absolutely gutted for you, really hope you manage to get it sorted soon and can actually enjoy it without having that niggle in your mind that your next issues is only round the corner.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
surely bailing on them looking at it leaves it open as to whether they'd have ever resolved it? Maybe if they did look and still couldn't sort it out, then refunding it would be a more progressive solution or resolution, having exhausted the avenue? It'd only help them develop something further so would expect they'd want to get involved \O/ Still, if they agreed a refund it's more than some would I'm sure.

takes me back to Link options, or at least curiosity,

glad I'm limiting my 56 play to cams and gearing primarily, less of a headache perhaps, I'd soon get bored chasing what you have I think,
I will agree with you on that it is unfinished business and allowing them to study could have produced a result knowing what the issue(s) were but it comes at a financial cost this far down the road I'm not willing to fork out on. The drive could result in a breakdown again (which the terms of collection mean the same issue means I pay for recovery) so it means trailering it to them at probably £250 and likely back. They won't pay those costs. Then I've just spent £126 on the lead which wasn't included despite them saying it was to be able to read the ECU. So I'm £600+ and a weeks Uber trips to work and back and no guarantee its going to be resolved. Just too much money.

I'll put it back to stock, pray to the gods that all issues disappear and work out who to take it to to map the stock ECU in due course. Maybe Nick K will be a gent and respond to me.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
8,043 Posts
Odd as they advertise and sell the kit for the n14 mini
its not as if you invented some Frankenstein application

obliviously if they take a car in and find hardware issues it’s at your expense, but where is their market for this product if not for cars like yours ?

301 - 309 of 309 Posts