MiniTorque.com banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mini Cooper S R56 2007
40 Posts
I haven't, but I was hoping to go with someone who's tuned GTX turbos on R56s. So did evolve get a Dyno in as for a while they didn't have a Dyno.
Yeah they got one in, saw it on their YouTube channel. They work with high end power so whilst they may not have dealt with that turbo they do know their stuff. Otherwise I guess it's SRR or Milseys.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
I think they actually started out doing engine building services for race teams and engine mapping. Generic maps are where the money is so that's where most of their software development efforts go now although they still do engine building and custom mapping.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thanks George 👍

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 · (Edited)
Hi guys, sorry not been on for a few days. The quick answer is the car isn't going anywhere with the dreaded red locked steering wheel problem now. Had the ELV codes cleared which allowed me to start the car but the symbol remained.

That lasted a night and the next day it wouldn't start again.

I've since bought an ELV emulator which has only just arrived in the post. It was due Friday last week. So I need to try that first (btw anyone know where to connect that?) And then if not it's probably a new cas, key and possibly rack to be fitted.

Another setback and hopefully the last major one.

Other than that the car is good, it's a bit rough running when off boost as the BOV stays shut so it needs to be mapped. After all these delays I may just send the car on low loader up to Nick K at Peron now. Need it fully functional asap.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lookin' good!

When Nick's tune was installed on my Mini, I was there to do the road testing, in-town and open hiway --- I drove while the installer monitored and recorded. Results were sent back to Nick for fine-tuning. Same for dyno results, 'cept I couldn't drive for that. Took a little longer, but both road-testing and dyno were well worth the results. The installer is a full days drive away from my home, and the time differences between him and Nick were a big part of the 1 ½ day effort. Cost me an added 3-nite motel stay, meals, gas, etc. I mention this 'cause I highly recommend you try for a similar install process --- don't just "send the car on low loader", take it there yourself so if he wants road testing, you can drive it. Unless you don't object to "strangers" driving your toy.

Next time you talk with Nick, let him know I'm still extremely happy with his tune and continue to work with EurotechsAZ.

Don't get in too big a hurry, that's when mistakes are made. Best of luck ---

·
Registered
92 Posts
je suis d'accord, les modifications douces sur nos R55,56 ne sont pas faciles
It s important to modify 1 parameter by 1 parameter , and check is the result is ok

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Lookin' good!

When Nick's tune was installed on my Mini, I was there to do the road testing, in-town and open hiway --- I drove while the installer monitored and recorded. Results were sent back to Nick for fine-tuning. Same for dyno results, 'cept I couldn't drive for that. Took a little longer, but both road-testing and dyno were well worth the results. The installer is a full days drive away from my home, and the time differences between him and Nick were a big part of the 1 ½ day effort. Cost me an added 3-nite motel stay, meals, gas, etc. I mention this 'cause I highly recommend you try for a similar install process --- don't just "send the car on low loader", take it there yourself so if he wants road testing, you can drive it. Unless you don't object to "strangers" driving your toy.

Next time you talk with Nick, let him know I'm still extremely happy with his tune and continue to work with EurotechsAZ.

Don't get in too big a hurry, that's when mistakes are made. Best of luck ---
Hey Walt,

It's slow progress. Few steps forward them 1/2 back. I'll get there.

That's a cool story. Time permitting I'd do the same, would be fun! However in these COVID times I'm very doubtful they'll let me be hanging around.

So I've spoken to Nick, and given him the spec of the engine, turbo, meth etc and goals power wise. I think something north of 350 is keeping things realistic, anything more a bonus. It doesn't have cams and he seems to think the GTX2860r will run out of puff around 400.

He will do a similar process with road testing, Dyno runs and setting up the Turbosmart boost controller and direct port meth (will run pure meth now). Looking like mid to late February for this to happen. Just need to sort the CAS issues out first!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 · (Edited)
Booked the car in with Millsys this weekend to have a used CAS unit installed and various bits to get my keys working with it. So fingers crossed all will be fixed after. Borrowing a mates snapon tool to clear the codes first to be able to start it! What a faff!

Then it's booked in with Deutschtech for a 3" catback early Feb to essentially to tidy up the crap job that was done on the connection between downpipe and stock exhaust and to hopefully take advantage of the new exhaust and release a few more ponies when i take it up to Peron Automotive for the map at the end of Feb.

Style wise, thinking of going to with the down swept twin backbox look a la @projectgtx -

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Excited to have some dates in the diary to finalize the car.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I thought my car was a pain in the arse but your one seems to be taking it to the next level. I'd never even heard of the CAS issue on the R56 before. I suppose it gives me something to look forward to some day!

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,052 Posts
did a software update on my CAS yesterday, thought about it for a bit with a warning coming up on the kit of very high failure rates on CAS, FRM, and CIC updates due to firmware, did it anyway as my car has no CAS errors, the update just showed as due in the initial report, fortunately it was problem free,

I also did try the retrofit of JCW tuning kit (map) just because the option was there, sadly that wasn't problem free 😂 it put in an anti tamper fault code and took throttle function away so I reprogrammed it back to stock.... luckily

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
I thought my car was a pain in the arse but your one seems to be taking it to the next level. I'd never even heard of the CAS issue on the R56 before. I suppose it gives me something to look forward to some day!

Always good to get a next level pain in the arse award! Ha! Yeah it's been quite the headache hasnt it. I'm hoping things will turn a corner for at least a long time after this is cas replaced. I'm not sure how much more tolerance I have for spending money and fixing things or modding it.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts