MiniTorque.com banner
201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

A little joy to come home to see.. Managed to grace the front pages of Performance Mini that was shot a couple of months back. She's down, but definitely not out. Can't wait to get this back up and running again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Hello! So just a quick update, the car is nearly ready to collect, just some tidying to do a sensor to replace and hopefully that will be it. The failure was a blown water plug initially on first inspection, then with that replaced and new coolant topped up it was shown to be bleeding back into the cylinders. Jason (Millsys Garage) thinks there was some possible head lift to get water across all cylinders. Block appears to be fine. Head off and the supertech head gasket had blown.

The head has since been sent off, a light skim and a new thick JCW head gasket went back on. He isnt a fan of some of the cometic and other uprated gaskets and has had bad experiences himself on his own big turbo build so is using JCW oem. Many will know ProjectGTX on instagram that runs around 417whp and that has the thicker JCW gasket.

Jasons thoughts are to not put much more than 18/19psi through the block as its an open deck build.
My stage 3 RPM tune is good for 22psi. I'm probably going to start off at just waste gate pressure and go from there.

In the interest of the manifold and downpipe, I saw these guys posted some Dyno figures on a forged engine, stock cams and a Garrett GT2860r. 347bhp and 450nm at 23psi. Specs on the turbo are max 360. Curious to see what mine might make?

Font Line Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
669 Posts
Hello! So just a quick update, the car is nearly ready to collect, just some tidying to do a sensor to replace and hopefully that will be it. The failure was a blown water plug initially on first inspection, then with that replaced and new coolant topped up it was shown to be bleeding back into the cylinders. Jason (Millsys Garage) thinks there was some possible head lift to get water across all cylinders. Block appears to be fine. Head off and the supertech head gasket had blown.

The head has since been sent off, a light skim and a new thick JCW head gasket went back on. He isnt a fan of some of the cometic and other uprated gaskets and has had bad experiences himself on his own big turbo build so is using JCW oem. Many will know ProjectGTX on instagram that runs around 417whp and that has the thicker JCW gasket.

Jasons thoughts are to not put much more than 18/19psi through the block as its an open deck build.
My stage 3 RPM tune is good for 22psi. I'm probably going to start off at just waste gate pressure and go from there.

In the interest of the manifold and downpipe, I saw these guys posted some Dyno figures on a forged engine, stock cams and a Garrett GT2860r. 347bhp and 450nm at 23psi. Specs on the turbo are max 360. Curious to see what mine might make?

View attachment 105519
Yours will see somewhere about 380bhp with use of methanol at full boost with earlier spool.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts

View attachment 105519
Great News. (y)

·
Premium Member
Mini Cooper S R56 2007
40 Posts

View attachment 105519
Glad to hear it will soon be back on the road.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I bet you can't wait to get it back on the road! It will be interesting to see the power figures once you get the software done

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
I bet you can't wait to get it back on the road! It will be interesting to see the power figures once you get the software done

Yeah I'm very keen to pick it up and experience it working. It was gone for over 7 weeks at MWUK, and I'm Into around week 3 now before work could start etc. So it's been gone a while and I'm dying to drive it again. I'd like to see over 350bhp if possible.
Great news that it should be back up and running soon!
Thanks, yes I'm hopeful it's only a few days away now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I've messaged Perron Automotive, and I'll get in touch with some other tuners for a custom map and have the car setup on the Dyno. Not had any issues with the RPM tune but would be nice to have it all set up here and be able to be face to face with whoever tunes the car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Collection day tomorrow. Xmas festivities can now resume 🔥 Will need to get it to a tuner soon though to replace the map. Going to be on WG pressure until then.

Thought about Perron Automotive but they're talking about having the car a week, which is a bit too keen for me. I was hoping a same day turn around.

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Premium Member
Mini Cooper S R56 2007
40 Posts
Collection day tomorrow. Xmas festivities can now resume 🔥 Will need to get it to a tuner soon though to replace the map. Going to be on WG pressure until then.

Thought about Perron Automotive but they're talking about having the car a week, which is a bit too keen for me. I was hoping a same day turn around.

Anyone have suggestions?
Have you tried Evolve? They have a dyno.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Celtic Tuning might be another option. They have a few rolling roads in Cornwall and another couple in the Midlands somewhere. They've got a lot of experience in big power custom builds. Not sure what the turn around time is though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Celtic Tuning might be another option. They have a few rolling roads in Cornwall and another couple in the Midlands somewhere. They've got a lot of experience in big power custom builds. Not sure what the turn around time is though.

I always associated Celtic with more generic maps? I'll check them out and have a look at their custom tunes.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I always associated Celtic with more generic maps? I'll check them out and have a look at their custom tunes.
I think they actually started out doing engine building services for race teams and engine mapping. Generic maps are where the money is so that's where most of their software development efforts go now although they still do engine building and custom mapping.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts