MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol gutted,
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Grille
out today for a spin and got blipped by a bloody yarris, I know I'm only drive an r50 but could do with a bit more under the bonnet, I have changed out the coil for a benchmark one new plugs and leads, I have fitted a hornet exhaust system and fitted a ram air induction along with a fly way pedal chip to stop ecu lag, any other ways of giving her a bit more umph

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
would depend which one you went for really, cheapest are Newman and PH1 is mildest, modest performance difference in an otherwise stock vehicle, supplied and fitted from me only £360, smooth idle on stock map,

or look at something a bit hotter, some cam options are around 400 or more just for the cam and still ideally want mapping, hunting idle, will stall etc,

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
I ran the EW02 in an N/A car for a giggle, wasn't a rocket ship being a standard motor on a crap generic map with a drop in air filter but it drove to 135mph well enough for what it was, and ~100 to 130 seemed to be quite easily repeatable in a respectable manner, all things considered, was rather amusing on it's 175? T rated tyres ;O)

Had to raise the idle to help stalling, hunts at idle, would like to see what it could do if it had a manifold and proper map.... or other engine stuff, and maybe not the pea shooter stock exhaust it had😂
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ran the EW02 in an N/A car for a giggle, wasn't a rocket ship being a standard motor on a crap generic map with a drop in air filter but it drove to 135mph well enough for what it was, and ~100 to 130 seemed to be quite easily repeatable in a respectable manner, all things considered, was rather amusing on it's 175? T rated tyres ;O)

Had to raise the idle to help stalling, hunts at idle, would like to see what it could do if it had a manifold and proper map.... or other engine stuff, and maybe not the pea shooter stock exhaust it had😂
View attachment 105411
What's an ew02

·
Premium Member
6,482 Posts
It's an rR50... Decent air intake, bluefin flash map and an exhaust manifold if you're flush. There's not much more to do before you get into cam/injectors and a tune that will not be cheap.

Had a couple of these, they're not good for traffic light GP! Concentrate on handling and stopping, keep your foot down and you'll keep up with most things if it's not a straight line.

Fun cars either way!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol gutted, View attachment 105402 out today for a spin and got blipped by a bloody yarris, I know I'm only drive an r50 but could do with a bit more under the bonnet, I have changed out the coil for a benchmark one new plugs and leads, I have fitted a hornet exhaust system and fitted a ram air induction along with a fly way pedal chip to stop ecu lag, any other ways of giving her a bit more umph
Ecu piggyback port plug in module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol gutted, View attachment 105402 out today for a spin and got blipped by a bloody yarris, I know I'm only drive an r50 but could do with a bit more under the bonnet, I have changed out the coil for a benchmark one new plugs and leads, I have fitted a hornet exhaust system and fitted a ram air induction along with a fly way pedal chip to stop ecu lag, any other ways of giving her a bit more umph
remove weight from the car, the front seats are heavy, lose them and fit a light weight racing seat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts