MiniTorque.com banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Finally got the manifold out of the box today, no sign of a ‘decat’ pipe though so I’ve ended up taking it back for a refund as, as it stands it’s neither use nor ornament!

shame as it’s really good quality and looks to be a copy of the scorpion system

but here is the problem, placed on top of a manifold I have off Sean which has the decat attached it’s too short

mans without that all important decat pipe it ain’t going to fit

the manager agreed when seeing the pictures that the item was incomplete or incompatible and refunded me without fuss

I could have gone to the expense of having a Decat pipe made but then suddenly the price is in the £200s and as far as I knew the manifold should have came with one, so it’s back to the drawing board again and on the hunt for another manifold, if anyone has a milltek going cheap let me know!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
That’s why I bought it from them rather than eBay, saying that I’m having to look on eBay for a replacement now!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Well I’ve hit an all time low with the cooper this week, really lost interest in it
with the manifold issue, cat going etc

don’t worry I’m not going to get rid but I’ve decided against getting the sport manifold and am going to put a standard one back on with a cat, I was thinking it’s still my daily drive there’s no real point chasing a few extra ponies here and there for big money outlays only to use it on the motorway however I’m still going to get it over to 1320 and have the 550s put on and a custom map when I can as I have the bits already, just not a priority at the moment

I did however have a spare bit of time waiting for my train to arrive at the depot earlier so I fitted some new fog lights After my ‘wish website specials became waterlogged and discoloured, looks a lot tidier now, just need to reattach the wiring

However on the bright side Ive been looking for ages at getting my white crown alloys done black, anyway managed to get a set off eBay already refurbished and powder coated in gloss black with my white ones as part ex for £230 which I’m more than happy with, had a choice of gloss, Matt or metallic so went for the gloss, I’ve got to get the continentals taken off the crown alloys and in to them, that I am looking forward to seeing on the car

Also finally found the cabin pollen filter while I was mucking out the car of pre lockdown costa cups, McDonald’s bags, greggs wrappers, pizza boxes, speaker boxes and empty coke bottles (I’m not joking about how much crap there was in there!) Is hazard a guess this hasn’t been changed for a while!

so apart from feeling a bit fed up with the exhaust ratting I still have plans for it but it’s going to be scaled back a bit

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
by the interior description, that might not be stuff trying to get in, but stuff trying to get out 😂 😂 😂 😂

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
by the interior description, that might not be stuff trying to get in, but stuff trying to get out 😂 😂 😂 😂
you have first hand experience of the crap in my footwell!

Ive ended up getting this manifold for a fairly decent price off eBay from Kent mini spares, bit of a mystery to what it actually is though, it has no precat, just the main cat, advertised as a high flow manifold, not sure if it’s a standard R53 one or something aftermarket or dealer upgrade, I’ve not seen another one like it, it has a different flexi to normal, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Now I’m really fed up, just got back to the car at midnight after my work shift, foot on the clutch and straight to the floor with no pressure behind, only able to lift it back up by hand!

sat in the pouring rain waiting for green flag to turn up to get me home!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Nah, straight on the truck and home, they said they can take it to my garage tomorrow, unfortunately carsorbikes is just outside the radius of where they will take it as he offered to take it in to have a look

mid it is the slave cylinder then it’s only been on 2-3 weeks and it’s a new part so is under warrantee

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
331 Posts
Man what a mare, hope you get it all sorted soon mate.....know how it is, been without mine now for nearly 2 weeks and counting 🤣

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
All sorted, but of a strange one, after a couple of weeks of driving round without issue the pipe to the slave cylinder, sorry can’t say that now, I mean the ‘cylinder that is working against its own Will’ had popped out, not completely but enough to lose pressure in the pedal, in the pic below the Black flange should be flush with the metal of the cylinder, undid the clip and pushed it back in to place

pushed it back in and with help from the neighbours son who is a mechanic we bled the clutch and it’s back up and running again, in fact it’s going better into reverse than it was before!

that combined with curing the rattle on the red car I’m a happy bunny again with both cars, been out in them both today now and enjoyed them both, convertible with the roof down in the sun and cooper just driving it without problems

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Hopefully the one in the picture above should be arriving this week.

Sean has warned me I may need to do a bit of grinding on it around the ports to improve the gas flow though

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
And done, glad to be back on the crown alloys, so much better than the bullets

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
funnily enough i was looking on ebay last night!

the cheapest set on there was £288 but in red, of course i then thought, they’d look good on the red car!

with the state of the paintwork on one side im seriously tempted to price up a full car wrap in a totally different colour

141 - 160 of 167 Posts