Discussion Starter #81
No, that must still be on the car!

I think I’ll keep the normal lights on it for now

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
The car is over at Sean’s house having a few bits done, he may have discovered an oil issue, namely a lack of it!

He’s already put the 15% pulley on, all being well next up it’s the milltek exhaust then when I drop them off over the weekend the bilstein coilivers

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I’ve yet to see my car in the flesh (metal) yet but here are a couple of pics Sean sent of it sat on the bilsteins and the milltek, which I think looks fantastic compared to the milltek/toyosport hybrid

Can’t wait to get it back, how and when I don’t know coz of lockdown!

Then as long as we’re all still alive I’ll book it in at 1320 for the 550s fitting and a custom map

got a few things I can do at home though while I wait, replace the spotlights as one has died (wish website special) and finally get that stereo installed neater and get the doors soundproofed

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
And it’s back, for now, got to take it back again tomorrow as it’s developed a problem between Sean’s house and mine!

it rides really well on the bilsteins, not the harsh ride I was expecting but definitely a lot more grippy even with the shocking winter tyres on the front

the milltek exhaust looks so much better and is quieter than the milltek/toyosport combo, you can hear the super charger whine better now, I’ve come away from seans with a stainless manifold that I’ve got to price getting welded up as the flexi has gone on it, all being well that will go on in the not to distant (non lockdown) future!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
and back it goes to Sean!

It’s looking like an O ring has failed on the oil cooler!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Yes they are the wrong way round, thing is they look ‘wronger’ the right way round!

rhey are only stickers that go over the standard lights, got some red ones on the convertible, got them off eBay for about £8 a pair

Anyway, Sean has had a look at the car and the issue is just a kinked/pinched O ring on the filter

Lost about 1/4L of oil from it in 40 miles but glad I spotted it quickly when I reversed away from my house, had I gone to work in it as planned it have probably not noticed it until tomorrow afternoon and another 120 odd miles on the clock!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
On my way back to seans to collect the car again, Then straight to work in it, I will be stopping me route to check everything of course!

anyway decided to strip the FLI bass box earlier and cut it in half, not done too bad a job of it with my circular saw but the curved top was a bit of a pain to cut over, just need to add a piece of 9mm MDF to the rear of each bit and silicon seal them up then I can carpet them back up in black and put the JBL speakers in them (the fli ones are blown)

I tried one of them in the boot of the convertible and it fits just nice when I start the ice build on that one.

one thing I did do was finally replace the pioneer DAB that I put in the convertible a while back with the single din back/double din front pioneer unit that was in the cooper s before I fitted a proper double din unit

this one has apple play etc and a very good internal amp, i might have a look at upgrading the speaker tomorrow as I’ve had them in stock for 12 months or more but haven’t had the inclination to fit them, nowt better to do at the moment between work turns!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
There are a few pics of my car (same pics from this thread) in the latest performance mini mag, only on the show us your car page but nice to see it in print though

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Trimmed the bass box today, going to fit this one to the convertible, got some new full range speakers on the way too

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Do you have any more pictures of the head unit ? Think I will change mine as it always looses the base setting and is crap with the radio. I presume this has a mic etc for hands free.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I’ve only really got the pictures in this thread, it’s quite easy to fit if your competent doing things like that

It has a hands free mic, DAB aerial etc you can add steering wheel controls if you have them (my convertible doesn’t)

I do have the single din pioneer DAB headunit I’ve taken out of the convertible if your interested

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Had a quick play about with the bass box in the cooper, ended up slightly rebuilding the boot for it, I’ll probably put the square box in the convertible now

Also tidied up the head unit area to hide the metal brackets and bring the heater controls ever so slightly forward

Before

After, no gap at the top next to the tubes, and no silver brackets showin

the car actually failed it’s MOT yesterday because of the 2nd hand coilovers, Sean only fitted them 2 weeks ago and gave them a tidy up before fitting, putting preservative grease on the shafts, the MOT centre has failed them for leaking badly but it looks (hopefully) like he’s seen the grease and not oil, if so I’ve been very unlucky to have 3 shocks fail in less than 200 miles since fitting!

other than that it only had an advisory for a wiper and engine mount causing vibration

·
Registered
06 r53 checkmate
21 Posts
Gotta hand it to you Jim lad that boot build looks smart as hell I'm slightly jealous haha, I'm hunting on a double din now haha or maybe a tablet that may fit, keep up the top work mate

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
For a good Double din with a little bit of work, the Sony one, and a double din with no cutting the dash the pioneer one, of the 2 the pioneer is better function wise but both do pretty much the same thing with the likes of Apple play and DAB etc

The boot build took me about 15 minutes to change as I just adapted the existing floor wood to fit the other box, I really want it get the convertible one started this week too

my wife has an alpine halo 9 in the Touareg that’s a beauty with a 9’ screen but far too big to try in the mini!

·
Registered
06 r53 checkmate
21 Posts
Keep us updated on the vert boot build, I may take a scroll back and see how you've done you've and have a go hahaha, the touareg the v6 tdi?? Bloody nice busses they are tbh one of the niciest 4x4 on the personally

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
It’s just the 2.5 with a bluefin fitted, lovely car but no go in it compared to the 3.5 V6 Murano she has before

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I think the damn starter motor has gone on it now, drove to work fine this morning, 60 mile without issue, stopped at the barrier outside work to collect my van keys, got back in, turned the key and nothing, plenty of battery life etc but not even a click or whirr from the starter motor, managed to push it almost into a parking space then bump started it in reverse by rolling back down the slight hill i’d just pushed it up, turned it to face the right way for a forward bump start later hopefully!

i don’t need the car for a few weeks now luckily so I can park it up until next payday is a bit closer and I’ll use the red one instead to commute, luckily it’s only a 4 mile a day round trip next week as opposed to the 100na day I was doing in this car this week

81 - 100 of 140 Posts