MiniTorque.com banner
241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
would you believe it, took the lad to work this moring and the car developed a rattle, sent a vid to sean and it looks like the big end has gone, or at least the shells!

the car is now up for £1100 buy it now or starting bid of £1000

sean quoted me last week to do them at the same time as the head but as i'd semi decided to ditch the car anyway and i liked the look of the new red one i declined, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
829 Posts
would you believe it, took the lad to work this moring and the car developed a rattle, sent a vid to sean and it looks like the big end has gone, or at least the shells!

the car is now up for £1100 buy it now or starting bid of £1000

sean quoted me last week to do them at the same time as the head but as i'd semi decided to ditch the car anyway and i liked the look of the new red one i declined, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!
Ah mate what a shithouse?!😩😩

I guess perhaps either unlist it and get it sorted by Sean and try and bang it out for a few more quid once done or maybe part it out, tho appreciate that'd become a right ballache...is always either bloody time or money (or both) isnt it 😩

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
We discussed doing that this morning but for what it would have cost to do it (not a horrendous figure) I don’t think it would make enough difference to what i’d get for it

Also had I had that work while the head gasket was being done then I wouldn’t have been thinking about selling it, I looked at it realistically last week and thought It’s time to call it quits, get rid of it knowing at some point it will need the big end doing, just didn’t know it would be the week after, as I said to Sean when he priced up all the known jobs needing doing it’s like trying to stick a sticking plaster on a dam, then of course there is the cosmetic work needing doing to bring that up to spec on top, the red car was practically peeping round the corner calling ‘buy me, buy me, buy me’

in a way I’m kind of glad it’s gone now while still under my ownership as I can imagine had the car gone for decent money then started ratting as soon as the new owner picked it up then I’d most likely be refunding them and bang goes the money for the new car, at least this way it gave me a chance to reduce it and put the problem in the eBay listing.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
And the car is now gone, sold it off eBay, admittedly for less than I wanted but it was a firm offer after the buyer came for a good look, no tyre kicking, drawing breath through his teeth, saw it for what it is, what needed doing, paid and collected within a couple of hours

it’s been a roller coaster ride this one, would I do it again, well yes, the new car will be with me next week, the difference being this one is has the ‘carsorbikes’ seal of approval

then to top it off the convertible is also going on Sunday, having a road trip to pipsyp’s house

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
829 Posts
And the car is now gone, sold it off eBay, admittedly for less than I wanted but it was a firm offer after the buyer came for a good look, no tyre kicking, drawing breath through his teeth, saw it for what it is, what needed doing, paid and collected within a couple of hours

it’s been a roller coaster ride this one, would I do it again, well yes, the new car will be with me next week, the difference being this one is has the ‘carsorbikes’ seal of approval

then to top it off the convertible is also going on Sunday, having a road trip to pipsyp’s house
Nice one Jim lad, look forward to Sunday and meeting you finally 👍

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·

sad to see it end up like that

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
it is really,

I don't think he realised how much his planned build would really cost to get there,

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sadly, when cars reach an age they are often worth more in parts. They get broken to maximise their value.

The same happened to my brothers old Astra Coupe Turbo and that was in better condition.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sadly, when cars reach an age they are often worth more in parts. They get broken to maximise their value.

The same happened to my brothers old Astra Coupe Turbo and that was in better condition.
Sad when that happened, but 99.9% of cars end up being scrapped.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
it probably was the same car but i couldnt find it back then, i was looking for something else and it popped up

241 - 255 of 255 Posts