MiniTorque.com banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
would you believe it, took the lad to work this moring and the car developed a rattle, sent a vid to sean and it looks like the big end has gone, or at least the shells!

the car is now up for £1100 buy it now or starting bid of £1000

sean quoted me last week to do them at the same time as the head but as i'd semi decided to ditch the car anyway and i liked the look of the new red one i declined, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
584 Posts
would you believe it, took the lad to work this moring and the car developed a rattle, sent a vid to sean and it looks like the big end has gone, or at least the shells!

the car is now up for £1100 buy it now or starting bid of £1000

sean quoted me last week to do them at the same time as the head but as i'd semi decided to ditch the car anyway and i liked the look of the new red one i declined, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!
Ah mate what a shithouse?!😩😩

I guess perhaps either unlist it and get it sorted by Sean and try and bang it out for a few more quid once done or maybe part it out, tho appreciate that'd become a right ballache...is always either bloody time or money (or both) isnt it 😩

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
We discussed doing that this morning but for what it would have cost to do it (not a horrendous figure) I don’t think it would make enough difference to what i’d get for it

Also had I had that work while the head gasket was being done then I wouldn’t have been thinking about selling it, I looked at it realistically last week and thought It’s time to call it quits, get rid of it knowing at some point it will need the big end doing, just didn’t know it would be the week after, as I said to Sean when he priced up all the known jobs needing doing it’s like trying to stick a sticking plaster on a dam, then of course there is the cosmetic work needing doing to bring that up to spec on top, the red car was practically peeping round the corner calling ‘buy me, buy me, buy me’

in a way I’m kind of glad it’s gone now while still under my ownership as I can imagine had the car gone for decent money then started ratting as soon as the new owner picked it up then I’d most likely be refunding them and bang goes the money for the new car, at least this way it gave me a chance to reduce it and put the problem in the eBay listing.

241 - 246 of 246 Posts