MiniTorque.com banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
No doubt something you can look at doing for me while your doing the DPF?

Not sure quite how to go about things at the moment, it’s MOTd until the 16th December and i know it’s going to fail on the DPF being tampered with, so do I get work done beforehand (and whatever the scraping is) or get it in for its MOT sometime after the 18th November (earliest time I can get it done) which is only 5 weeks away and see exactly what’s needed to get it through the mot so I’ve not wasted any time or money if it needs a load of non obvious work doing and it’s not worth repairing

To be honest other than the DPF and most likely emissions I don’t think it’s in too bad a condition in general with it having had a load of work done by the previous owner prior to me buying it, it’s the emissions that are bothering me as I don’t know if the DPF has been mapped out, even if the existing DPF is complete inside and if the new one goes on will it need remapping to put a working one back on, it’s a bit of a grey area really as I don’t know the condition of the existing DPF

Either way it owes me nothing at the moment other than what I’ve done cosmetically but I do like it so I’m hoping it won’t need much work doing so I can get another year out of it come MOT time

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Not very happy, my lad went to the dentist the other side of town on his bike and had an issue so got my wife to come out and collect him, he put the bike in the roof carrier but took the front wheel off and rested the forks on the roof!

So now I have a nice long scratch across the roof and 2 dents where the forks were resting on the roof as he pulled down on the bike to get it secure, thankfully I FaceTimed him to check what he was doing so they never set off with it like that other wise it would have been a lot worse!

I’ll have to get some touch up paint on it at some point, I know it’s only my cheapy commute car but I’m not happy

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
And I’ve just been out in it and I think the wheel bearing has gone too, either that or the brakes are grinding, will have to jacks up tomorrow and have a look

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I’d pretty much say this is goosed!

Unfortunately so is the Touareg (broken spring, track rod end and flat tyre, mot failure) and my electric bike is also knackered (motor gone) and my wife is going to the caravan on Friday so she may have to take the red car which she hates driving if the Touareg doesn’t come back this week as won’t be able to get this done by then

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Had that happen on my Mk5 Golf before, Wife came to pick me up from London (1hr drive each way), started making a racket halfway in and she kept going rather than stopping 😂

Somehow got us home though.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I was going to take it over to carsorbikes this morning after he kindly said he would have a look at it for me at very short notice but I called in the local garage on my way home from work this morning and the Touareg will be ready this week so my wife can use the red car until it’s back

I’ve parked this one up now until mid November when I can get it in for the MOT and see whats needed to get it through, hopefully not a lot or it’s strip the bits off, return to standard and sell on as spares or repair, I’m hoping it won’t come to that, emissions is my main concern rather than mechanics

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I’ve spotted an R56 petrol Cooper (not an S) i quite like the look of for decent money so I’m going to get this car in for its MOT early to see what the damage is going to be cost wise to get it through, hopefully get it in the end of next week if I can then make a decision on the way forward

ideally I’m hoping it’s a cheap fix, just the front hub and DPF but if it looks like there is more than I thought I may go for the petrol one (if it doesn’t sell by then) and take the bits off this one like the wheels, rear lights, G-wing, black detailing etc even the 1/2 leather and transfer them over

Watch this space as they say

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
That’s me!

the one I’ve spotted is yellow like tweedbeans with a full factory JCW kit, would like nice with all the black bits off this one on it, I suspect it will sell quickly though, if I had the money to hand I’d have probably bought it by now to be honest!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts