MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Mine aren’t present at all so it will either fail or I hope they don’t notice!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Bit of a weird one, went to go out in the car tonight only to find the lights not working, full beam fine, but no normal dipped driving lights, one wasnt quite plugged in right, i got that plugged in properly but still no lights

They then came on flashing randomly but only after putting on full beam!

When I switched the lights over I only swapped the light units themselves including the attached ballast packs, the only other thing I know I didn’t swap was the leveller on the front wishbone which was also missing on that car so I can’t see that being the problem, have I missed anything else I should have taken off (I’ve a the leveller on order which if the electrical connection is there I will put on the car, if not it’s going on the blue one to see if it makes a difference to the xenon projector lights I have on that)

any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Not a clue, they worked fine when I fitted them at the weekend!

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
As with the R53 my mini one convertible is going on eBay next week, going to start it at about £1000-1200, not decided yet

performance mods staying on are the superchip and Scorpion, I’ve removed the k&n which I’ll be listing separately, (it put out a dyno’d 123bhp with the k&n fitted), strut brace also removed for use on the new car

stereo replaced with the standard mini CD player, everything else as is, split rim alloys etc

this car apart from the fan belt snapping once has been a pleasure, handy to have on the drive for when the blue car broke!

112k miles I think off hand, mot being done next week, once it passes it will be listed so it better pass, I can’t see anything obvious with it that makes me think it will fail, flew through last year

as with the blue one, if your interested then get in touch before I list it

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well this car has been sold to another forum member, should be being handed over at the end of the current lockdown, I’ll leave it to them to decide if they want to let you all know who they are!

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
584 Posts
It's me guys!!👍

Much obliged to Jim, really looking forward to getting it and I promise it will be well cared for!

I wanted a cheap, interesting commuter car/runabout and think this will fit the bill perfectly and will no doubt be a nice bit of fun for the summer too!

I cant honestly see it becoming a project like my last one but I might add to this thread from time to time as and when that rabbit hole opens up again 😂

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I cant honestly see it becoming a project like my last one but I might add to this thread from time to time as and when that rabbit hole opens up again 😂
Dont we ever fcuking learn 🤣 🤣

Congratulations. I think thats a solid purchase.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dont we ever fcuking learn 🤣 🤣

Congratulations. I think thats a solid purchase.
Never pal 😂😂👍👍 already getting heat from the missus saying if I start spending on it Im going to live at my Mums 😂😂😂

Be a good little car I reckon, Jim's done well with it.....slightly fewer "quirks" than an R53 as well 😂👍

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I can honestly see you spending money on the paintwork bits that I’ve pointed out to you, although it never bothered me in 2 years I can see it annoying you knowing how well you looked after your blue one!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Think it’s a great buy 👍🏽 Hope you. Emended over that rabbit hole and threw away the keys to the jackhammer.

·
Premium Member
5,039 Posts
I bet there's already three types of paint repair kit on the shelf waiting for fifteen goes at resolving a stone chip

get a cam in it before handover while it's up here 😂 🏁

Reactions: pipsyp

·
Registered
584 Posts
In all seriousness guys I just dont have the money to spunk away on this thing....blame CoVid for that 😂👍

All Ill likely be doing is anything that needs doing as time goes on, little tweaks here and there like putting Aerotwins on it but its sole purpose really is for me to have something to get me to the office and back Mon to Fri once lockdown lifts and something for the missus to get her and the kids about if I end up pinching the family wheels for work 👍

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It started a commute car for me then I got the R53 and as I enjoyed it so much I seceded to keep hole of it so it really became weekend and summer car and was used for getting me to work when the blue car was broken

The original plan was to keep it for when my eldest turns 17 so he could have it as he said he liked it when he was 15, he’s since decided he would like to buy my stepdads crewcab pick up off him which he’s agreed to if he still has it when the lad turns 17 next year (good luck insuring it though!)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts