MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice work. I had most of the interior out of mine to fit new head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Painted a spare set of mirror caps gloss black earlier and took the white stripes off the bonnet, unfortunately I made a mess of one the new black ones I fitted so I had to take it off, stupidly never took a pic first to show the car with black detailing!

Also after about 15 months of putting it off I finally changed the passenger side skirt for the flared type

also fitted the rubber speaker baffles to the front speakers, it’s created a nice tight seal around the speakers and doorcard, seems to have improved the sound a bit

just got wait for the decal company to send me a new stripe and I can get that finished

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
272 Posts
Nice car this mate, like the efforts you've gone to to put some sounds in it.

Bet it goes well with the Blufin, I really enjoyed my old Cooper...sure nothing like as quick (or flexible) as an S but certainly not slow.....good fun to wring out as well. Arguably at times a bit more enjoyable as you can leather these and not have to worry so much about your speed!

If you ever think about getting rid of the R90's give me a shout as I might be interested (one of my favourite OE wheels on these).

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
if you'd have stuck a cam in your Cooper then you'd like it more ;O)

wheels are nice aren't they, R98

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got the other stripe on this afternoon

also got the grilles on the rear speakers as well as the sound proofing round the speakers (as well as swapping the Front speakers in the blue car)

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another little job for the weekend, managed to get a set of leather seats for it last night off eBay, dark blue with orange stitching, usual wear to the drivers bolster but they look tidy enough, compared to the filthy dirty red cloth seats anything will be an improvement, they were bought cheap as the recliner Cable broke on one of them and despite trying a repair I couldn’t get it to repair

anyway, bought some leather treatment and conditioner so I’ll do that before I fit them, I think I’ve done quite well for £70!

As for the red and black seats once they are out I’ll give them a hot shampoo and jet wash and get them up for sale, I’m sure someone will want them, they are actually for a R50/R53 not the convertible as the rear seat backs are a different shape in the R52 so normal seats (with headrests) don’t fit

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Finally managed to pick the seats up at the weekend and get them in the car today, nice little 30 min job

the only issue being the recliner on the passenger side Doesn’t go back, the usual boden cable problem, it’s not snapped but as I’ve had before it won’t recline last a certain position, it will tip forward and slide as normal though, not too fussed as it’s in a decent seating position anyway and I very rarely have passengers in it

they are in a lot better condition that I was expecting, especially for £70, got some leather protect and feed for them which I’ll do later on

if anyone wants it, my old 1/2 leather red interior is up for grabs for free as long as you can collect it from crewe ASAP

·
Registered
74 Posts
Coming along nicely, like the black on red, really suits it.

Seats are much better and an absolute bargain at that price.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
One little addition this morning, a chrome strip along the edges of the black stripes, I think it looks alright to help the stripes stand out a bit

21 - 33 of 33 Posts