MiniTorque.com banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Yes defiantly not doing any more, gets home, 3 parcels waiting......

engine spec is something like:

catcam 1302461
Airtek intercooler
Janspeed manifold
Milltek resonated cat back
Pipercross panel filter
MSD coil pack
Magnecor leads
Cold sparkplugs
1320 bitronik map

think that’s about it

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I’m never sure about black headlight rings, I’ll see if they grow on me, but cheap off eBay always sways it!

gearknob looks good with all the other sparco stuff, again Amazon warehouse special at £11 can’t go wrong!

The cup holder is no use though, supposed to slide between the seat and centre tunnel but rhe gap is too big

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Admittedly it’s a bit of a strange design looks weirder with the gator pulled down though!

they actually sent me the wrong gaiter as it shouldn’t have the S on it, couldn’t be bothered to send it back!

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
New windscreen on today, let’s see how long that lasts before it gets cracked!

·
Registered
2005 R53
86 Posts
Fingers crossed for you! I got 3 chips in 2000 miles last year before I had to replace it in the run up to the MOT, don't think the steepness of the screen helps.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
They are still ok, now the rock hard bilsteins are off for softer dampers they are a bit comfier too!

the handbrake cover was off eBay with the gaiter

one little change last night, removed the Rockford amp and fitted a vibe power box instead behind the plastic valance

got to run the bass control knob cable to the front of the car though, I’m also going to get myself a vibe 65.4 micro amp for the main speakers too as it’s a plug and play unit that can be installed in the front

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I’ll get a shot of the plain side of the Gaitor tomorrow and see what people think then (the S is only on one side), as I say they sent the wrong one, didn’t actually want one with the logo, might even reorder a New set with white stitching to match the seats

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Funnily enough they kept coming up while I was looking for holders, some weird and dangerous stuff about!

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Couple of little bits and bobs, black indicator (singular) thanks to a dodgy listing on eBay, looked like you were buying a pair but in fact only one was supplied, still cheap enough though to order the other side for a reasonable price for the pair

then I took the big sub box out and fitted a thin Vibe box running off the new tiny bass amp in the boot

a lot lighter and a lot more room in the boot now, it will actually lie down on its back if I wanted and I could put a false floor over on top of it (with a hole cut for the sub to poke through)

I then added another clever little amp in the front for the main speakers, this one just plugs into the existing loom, is powered from it and requires no remote turn on

I’ve tucked it below the steering wheel behind the valance, stuck in place with very strong double sided tape

not set them up properly yet, the bass does however sound very good, the main speakers are sounding a bit tinny still, I just need to find somewhere remote so I can get the volume up and try and set it up properly

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Rate my knob!

swapped to this one today, much better looking in my opinion

another Amazon warehouse special £4 this time, had to ream it out from 12mm to 14mm with a drill and it went straight on, it’s actually for an Audi A6!

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
FFS!

im hoping it came off in the car wash earlier and not while out on the road last night, I’ll stop by the garage and have a look when I go to work later

·
Registered
32 Posts
Losing the washer cap is a shame! hope you find it as car was looking great.

Definitely prefer the 2nd knob and pretty sure there is some dodgy two knobs joke floating round in here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
What’s the general consensus on Bola B1 alloy wheels, any good, I fancy a swap and I’ve seen a set in gunmetal grey?

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
are they the rota version?

ill be honest and say im watching a set in gun metal that are £400 with decent nankang tyres on ebay, they seem straight, tiny little bit of kerb rash i think looking at the pics, im wondering if they are worth getting and bolting straight on as is or paying a bit more (£575) for brand new wheels in black and getting my very good bridgestones fitted on them as if i wanted to get the used ones refurbished and sprayed black then there wont be much difference in overall price

161 - 180 of 199 Posts