MiniTorque.com banner
361 - 380 of 395 Posts

· Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
949 Posts
The heating dials have removable bulbs that you can replace reasonably easily insitu, certainly easier than fitting a new control panel (assuming it's not the digital version).
Yep they are a twat to do mind! I've done it once and swore never again :D (Well I no longer have a Mini so no problem lol)

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
Luckily I’d already modified the centre console for the double din so it was nice and easy to do, changing the downpipes over was the hardest bit as the ones I modified for the double didn didn’t have a flange at the bottom so j could just pull them up but the originals did so I had to take the gear gaitor surround/cup holder plastic bit out to thread them from below

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
It’s the active stability control button

not quite sure what your asking but I bought a panel without one by mistake as not all models have it (as I’ve now discovered) it’s just a blanking panel over where there switch should be

· Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,647 Posts

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
They couldn’t do the tracking as the track rod end had gone and there was loss of play in the passenger side wheel

Going to drop it off with Sean on Sunday to change it for me as well as the manifold and sport cat, I’ve had a pair of new track rod ends in the boot since March last year when the coilivers went on and I tried to get it tracked but they were seized, bought them to swap but never got round to it as I’d started using the white car instead!

in the mean time I gave it a wash

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Just clicked over the 120k mark

Going to be parked up for a week again now as I’m working away then eventually I can get it over to Sean’s as I wanted to do Sunday but ended up working!

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
I swapped the heating controls over the other day and the new one also has no lights on the heat dial side too, 3rd consecutive one like that now, I’ve got to remove the middle panels again to swap the window switch panel over so I’ll investigate it once it’s out, also as we’ve decided to scrap the Touareg I’ll be putting the alpine halo head unit from that into the skoda when I get a chance so the Sony double din I took out of this car can go back in again as it looks like I’ll be keeping hold of this car for a while now until my wife finds another 4x4 she likes (hopefully not for a long time)

· Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,647 Posts
just swap the superb for a 4x4 one....

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
I’ve just reinsured the cooper s through Adrian Flux, pleasantly surprised only £315 fully comp with 5000 mile limit

Annoyingly though as I’ve had a multi car policy for over 2 years with my wife as a named driver she has now lost her no claims bonus as they’ve lapsed (she had 20+ years worth), Ive restarted a separate policy for her on the skoda so she can build it back up again but as she now ‘on paper’ has no no claims it’s cost me over £500 to insure it, the cheapest quote I got on line putting in full no claims discount was £350, so the savings made on a multi car policy have been totally wiped out by the additional premium costs this year, when I changed it to zero no claims a few of the insurance companies wouldn’t even quote!

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
I’ve got 14 days cooling down period on the policy I’ve taken out via flux, I might call up the one I found via compare the meerkat and speak to someone and see if they will accept one of those options

· Premium Member
6,647 Posts
seems a bit harsh but then it is that company

perhaps A plan might help, I see them mentioned quite a lot for the Minis

· Premium Member
2006 cooper S 225bhp
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 · (Edited)
seems a bit harsh but then it is that company

perhaps A plan might help, I see them mentioned quite a lot for the Minis
I’m happy with the mini price, a lot less than I thought it would be but it appears to be industry standard about the No claims, something they don’t mention when you take out a multi car policy, it’s no doubt in the small print

thing is I could shop around but I don’t have the time or patience to phone up various companies listing all the mods etc so that’s why I’ve stuck with flux for the last few years, to be fair I can’t really fault them other than I do begrudge having to pay £35 if I do any changes on the policy or swap cars etc

I paid for the mini policy in one go rather than monthly, doing that and getting rid of the Touareg has reduced my direct debit by £80 a month as well as the saving of the £30 a month tax

Hopefully my wife won’t be in a huge rush to replace the Touareg with another 4x4

EDIT: I’ve just revisited the cheaper policy via their website rather than through meerkat and put the details in again as it allowed me to put her as having been a named driver on another policy with 5+ years NCD but it came back at £610 so more expensive than flux so I’ll just stick with them for the skoda now

· Registered
144 Posts
I’m happy with the mini price, a lot less than I thought it would be but it appears to be industry standard about the No claims, something they don’t mention when you take out a multi car policy, it’s no doubt in the small print

thing is I could shop around but I don’t have the time or patience to phone up various companies listing all the mods etc so that’s why I’ve stuck with flux for the last few years, to be fair I can’t really fault them other than I do begrudge having to pay £35 if I do any changes on the policy or swap cars etc

I paid for the mini policy in one go rather than monthly, doing that and getting rid of the Touareg has reduced my direct debit by £80 a month as well as the saving of the £30 a month tax

Hopefully my wife won’t be in a huge rush to replace the Touareg with another 4x4

EDIT: I’ve just revisited the cheaper policy via their website rather than through meerkat and put the details in again as it allowed me to put her as having been a named driver on another policy with 5+ years NCD but it came back at £610 so more expensive than flux so I’ll just stick with them for the skoda now
Hi.
Glad we could help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

361 - 380 of 395 Posts