341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
Where’d you last have it? 😬
Oh I’ve had that one asked!

I’ve even tried to go back through my ring camera history to find when I last moved the car to see what I was wearing incase it’s in a jacket pocket or something, unfortunately it only goes back 30 days (I thought it was 180 but that’s only in the cloud and I can’t work out how to save to that!) it has however not moved for those 30 days

looking at my phone photos I can see I definatly went out in it on the 16th august, and I do remember putting it on the drive then coming back to it the next day when I realised the drivers door was unlocked (actuator not working all the time), I locked the door manually and went into the house with the key, I remember that clear as day but from there I don’t know!

As for the V5 they have been missing for ages, strange that both have gone missing but I did have a sort out of out of date paperwork from my filing box, I have however only stored the old paperwork so I’ll have a look through that again (for the 3rd time) incase I’ve put them in there my mistake!

to be honest, I’m going to get a doctors appointment as just recently I’m finding my short term memory has gone terrible, I’m losing things (ok I’m a messy disorganised bugger anyway) and forgetting where I’ve put stuff but as well I’m forgetting directions and routes, I’ve always had a fantastic sense of direction but twice yesterday I’ve totally forgotten how to get somewhere or just turned one way only to immediately realise I’ve gone the long way round, as well as that I’m forgetting what I’ve told someone, twice on Wednesday I told my son something about his bike which at the second time he reminded me I’d told him an hour before!

But on the flip side I could tell you every railway speed limit, station, crossing, tunnel and signal box between carlisle and london without issue!

hopefully it’s not anything sinister, my wife has to have vitamin B12 injections as she loses her vocabulary range when she’s low on B12, maybe I need the same?

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·

yay found it In the bloody key cupboard!

I noticed a missing stick on hook the other day and had a feel around in the bottom of the cupboard where the keys live but only managed to find old spare keys for the blue R53 and R52 which are both long gone, thought I’d give it one more furtle about in there and low and behold the first key that I pulled out was that one!

just need the V5 now

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,524 Posts
now take it for a 50 mile run ;O)

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
To remind you it’s a great car and selling it would be a mistake.
i can see what he’s trying to do as well!

To be honest I’m now considering just sitting on it for a while, the insurance is due up the end of October so I might just sorn it and leave it on the drive for the winter, my wife is enjoying driving the skoda and quite frankly her Touareg is on its way out (although I did say that 12 months ago too) so if I can persuade her to use the superb and get rid of the Touareg then I can justify keeping the red one for what little I use it, especially as the white one is defiantly going when I can be bothered to eBay it (hopefully by the end of the week)

part of the reason for selling it was to pay for the skoda but I’ve caned the overtime the last couple of months and I’ll have whatever I get for the R56 so I can pay my wife back the money I borrowed from her before she needs it to pay next years caravan ground rent fees in January

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
ive ordered some new bits for the inside, the heating dials only light up 1/2 of the knobs so ive ordered a new one, its been like that for ages howver i managed to break one of the window switches while i was removing the stereo so ive got to replace that panel too so i thought id do both while its in pieces

i may use it all next week while im working away so my wife can use the skoda, pretty much as i did last year around this time when i took it for blasts round the cotswolds which reignited my love for it, only thing is its got no stereo in at the moment

went out in it last night round town and i really need to get the tracking done on it, never been looked at since i fitted the teins and i noticed it pulling to the right a bit, will have ti get it looked at over in buckley in a couple of weeks, get that done and the janspeed back on too and ill probaly end up keeping it

·
Registered
535 Posts
ive ordered some new bits for the inside, the heating dials only light up 1/2 of the knobs so ive ordered a new one, its been like that for ages howver i managed to break one of the window switches while i was removing the stereo so ive got to replace that panel too so i thought id do both while its in pieces

i may use it all next week while im working away so my wife can use the skoda, pretty much as i did last year around this time when i took it for blasts round the cotswolds which reignited my love for it, only thing is its got no stereo in at the moment

went out in it last night round town and i really need to get the tracking done on it, never been looked at since i fitted the teins and i noticed it pulling to the right a bit, will have ti get it looked at over in buckley in a couple of weeks, get that done and the janspeed back on too and ill probaly end up keeping it
The heating dials have removable bulbs that you can replace reasonably easily insitu, certainly easier than fitting a new control panel (assuming it's not the digital version).

341 - 352 of 352 Posts