MiniTorque.com banner
321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Not yet, concentrating on the R56 suspension first then I’ll jack this one up and get the skirts in as well as stiffening up the teins

Decided to keep it now, gonna get the janspeed manifold back on at some point and into 1320 for another tomcat and tune but no rush for that

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Wound the front dampers up earlier, 3 clicks from the stiffest setting, seems to be considerably firmer, a lot better ride, I think it was only set to about 8 clicks beforehand, I’ll have to drop the rear suspension to adjust the backs though, I’ll do the Aeros while I’ve got it in the air, not sure when I’ll get round to it though

·
Registered
2011 R56 N18 Mini Cooper S - 2012 R56 N16 Mini One
253 Posts
I had a pair of the cable adjusters fitted.
Still have to raise the wheels, too stiff otherwise, but dont need to take it off and drop struts to adjust.
Only cost £30.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
All set to do the skirts today after I did the wheel spacers on the diesel then realised I didn’t have any of the big black clips to hand so I’ve ordered some off Amazon for delivery tomorrow, only problem with that is I’m working away until Friday now!

maybe get them done the weekend if I’m lucky

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Looks good Jim.

I used tiger seal to fix mine along the top where they were taped from new. You should be able to lift it up a little along the top to get some under to hold it. You may need to peel the door rubber just to get an angle to get the nozzle in far enough.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
I was wondering if I could do it with sealant, I’ll give that a try tomorrow, I’ve also got to carefully get the chrome kickplate off the old skirt and attach that to the new one

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Other side skirt on this morning, put some temporary clips between the skirts and the mounting plates as the ones I have don’t grip, will have to see what the oem clips look like and get some ordered, also managed to get kick plates off the other skirts with a hair drier so they are in too using double sided foam tape

only ball I did drop was after I fitted the skirt and pressed the clips in place I realised I’d not put the little grille at rhe back of the skirt in the hole, unfortunately it’s a skirt back off job to do that!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive tire

Next job is janspeed manifold and cat back on then a trip to 1320 to get a new tomcat made and a tune up

might drop the rear shocks out too and adjust the rebound in them

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
I’ve decided once and for all to sell this car on, my multi car policy is up for renewal in October as is the MOT on the Touareg so I’ve been having a think about it and I’m going to cut back to just the two cars now (Touareg and superb)

im going to sell the white one first when I get back from my holidays then sometime before the middle of October sell this one too, save starting a new policy etc, the other cars I’ll restart new individual policies

much as I love it to look at I’m just not getting the use and I’m paying tax and insurance for something that barely moves, I’d be lucky if it’s done 3000k this year and with the cost of living heading the way it is I really can’t justify having it sat there doing nothing, it’s only really been used when the other car is broken!

It’s going to be sold as is, all mod staying on, the janspeed manifold and cat are off the car at the moment but will be included i recon as it’s mapped to suit that manifold and a 1320 tomcat

the only bits I’ll be taking out are the audio equipment to switch to the superb (double din, amps and bass box)

it won’t be going until late September/October but if your interested beforehand then get in touch, got to think of a realistic price to sell it at though bearing in mind what it’s got on it and the work carsorbikes did to it, and continues to do to it

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Shame that you're going to be selling it but I don understand if it does not get ay use. I have done 500 miles in mine this year... But it seems to be common that after selling a Mini, many people regret it and end up getting another one sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Just can’t justify having it sat round doing nothing, best part of £60 a month just on tax and insurance before I start putting fuel in

321 - 336 of 336 Posts