MiniTorque.com banner
301 - 320 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,636 Posts
Cataclean if putting stuff in it, ecp have it iirc, or Forte if you can get it, and perhaps Protec if you can find that

the first one works ok, some Boxsters used to need it I remember

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
They have cataclysm in Halfords, I’ll pick the car up in the morning, Chuck some of that in, 99 Ron and have a blast about for half an hour or so then take it back and see what happens

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
No matter what they do it won’t get below 20 in the emissions so it just won’t pass!

anyone got a spare standard manifold going spare?

to be honest I’ve had enough of this car now, I’m going to get it though the MOT and sell it, be it with a standard manifold and cat or with the janspeed back on after the test, probably standard manifold I refon

When I do sell it then it will be going as is with all the engine mods on, can’t be arsed putting it back to standard with the likes of the intercooler and cam etc but I will put the original scoop back on and take the G-wing off and sell them separately, same with the aero skirts, not bothering fitting them now, double din can come out as can the amps and sub box, probably put the crown alloys off the 56 on it too and flog the Bolas

i know I say this quite often but I mean it this time, cheesed off with it, sat sucking money of my account for tax and insurance for what seems like a quick play now and again, less than 4000 mile done last year

watch this space for any further developments

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Gonna pick it up later on dump it in the drive, getting a standard manifold for it for the mot then get it sold minus the cosmetic bits I can make a few bob on separately as I simply don’t use it, just cut back to having the one mini

anyone interested then get in touch

·
Registered
94 Posts
I feel these frustrations!
I guess it’s one of the pitfalls of owning an older car - there tends to be many issues that come up together. It is also often hard to see why you’re spending the money/giving yourself the grief if the car is low use/not required everyday.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Got a standard manifold/cat on the way from LA mini in Sheffield which should arrive tomorrow and I’m hoping carsorbikes can get it on for me and I’ll get it retested, not bothering putting the janspeed back on after I’ve swapped it out so if anyone is after a manifold and sport cat soon then keep an eye on the classifieds

im having doubts about getting rid again, feel like I want to keep it now (we’ll once it’s tested again) so I’ve got to be stronger and try not be so attached to it and finally get it sold once tested

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Popped over to Seans today for him to fit the standard manifold to the car, I went off for a bike ride for just over 2 hours and when I got back it was all done as well as the rear brake pad sensor so was ready to roll then Sean noticed that the suspension top strut my didn’t look right on the passenger side
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive design Car

When compared to the drivers side
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Car

On closer inspection he notice the top mount had totally split and torn away from the metal so he jacked the car back up and stripped it down and we discovered this
Automotive tire Road surface Grass Gas Concrete

As it had collapsed the metal part had dug into the top ring of the coilivers, thankfully no damage that will cause mechanical failure!
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

luckily I had put the silver project top mounts I’ve had sat in my garage for the best part of 12 months in the boot of the car just before I set off so Sean managed to get them fitted for me while I was there, obviously got to get them aligned but it drove a lot better on the way home just set up with a bit of negative camber, once it’s MOTd I’ll get it booked in for 4 wheel alignment in Buckley like I did with the R56 (which also needs doing again since putting the teins on!)

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

I’m now 90% sure I’ll be keeping hold of it, get the janspeed manifold back on but book it in with 1320 for another tomcat to be fabricated

might even put the Aero skirts on it soon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Popped over to Seans today for him to fit the standard manifold to the car, I went off for a bike ride for just over 2 hours and when I got back it was all done as well as the rear brake pad sensor so was ready to roll then Sean noticed that the suspension top strut my didn’t look right on the passenger side
View attachment 106780

When compared to the drivers side
View attachment 106781

On closer inspection he notice the top mount had totally split and torn away from the metal so he jacked the car back up and stripped it down and we discovered this
View attachment 106782

As it had collapsed the metal part had dug into the top ring of the coilivers, thankfully no damage that will cause mechanical failure!
View attachment 106783

luckily I had put the silver project top mounts I’ve had sat in my garage for the best part of 12 months in the boot of the car just before I set off so Sean managed to get them fitted for me while I was there, obviously got to get them aligned but it drove a lot better on the way home just set up with a bit of negative camber, once it’s MOTd I’ll get it booked in for 4 wheel alignment in Buckley like I did with the R56 (which also needs doing again since putting the teins on!)

View attachment 106784

I’m now 90% sure I’ll be keeping hold of it, get the janspeed manifold back on but book it in with 1320 for another tomcat to be fabricated

might even put the Aero skirts on it soon
I was pleasantly surprised with the silver project top mounts,I had my doubts as they're so cheap but after a few months they're still good ,slightly harsh with potholes but I can live with it

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
MOT passed today, advisory on the power steering pipe having a slight leak which Sean noted the other day too

I think I’ll keep it now, possibly put it on SORN for a bit and enjoy it over the summer, the only outstanding work is the drivers lock is playing up again, boden cable possibly loose, rhe tracking needs doing with the new top mounts being fitted then it’s fit the aero skirts to it

301 - 320 of 394 Posts