MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
You shouldn’t lose NCD. If you insure 2 cars, one in your name and one in your wife’s, Admiral do great multicover discounts. My pal just did it with his car & partners, the price was a huge drop compared to anyone else. There’s no reason for your wife not to build her own NCD. Depends what each insurer classes as multicover. If you’re insuring both cars under your name, then maybe that’s the issue.

· Registered
39 Posts
Multi car really shouldn’t impact your NCD. Sounds like it’s a cop out to me. Unfortunately that’s a risk with brokers. I’ve always found going direct more cost effective and without the issues you’re having now, which is a shame they’ve got you.

· Registered
39 Posts
Hi.
Glad we could help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.
You kind of haven’t though have you. By not giving NCD to Jim’s wife who was using the cars during that period, you’ve shafted him.
As someone who has used multiple insurers over the years, named spouses have always benefited from NCD built up on the policies and I even managed to build up NCD on my company car before leaving that job and going to a privately insured car. There seems no reason to me to not allow NCD being built up by named spouses, especially when they have multiple vehicles insured with you.

Sounds like a cash cow on behalf of brokers to me unfortunately. Not cool.

· Registered
39 Posts
Honestly though, try the admiral online site, you could be pleasantly surprised.

I have no connection to them, but just recent experience for my daughter and work colleague who both happen to own Minis and got prices lower than any comparison site with multi car cover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts