MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
732 Posts
I’d lacquer the skirt now, then give the black section a key again with a light scotch pad or similar. Then give it a couple coats of black. Depending on what you’re using, it will be a bit shiny but will dull down quickly if not lacquered. Or use Matt lacquer over the black to protect it

· Registered
732 Posts
It should all be fine. As long as the black area is rubbed down. Or just mask that area off, then lacquer the main skirt, and give the black area a key again before painting black.

what paint is the black you’re using?

· Registered
732 Posts
Finally finished the skirts, been away in work all week so only managed to get them done today, the longer the better drying though I suppose!

got some masking film off Amazon which was absolutely brilliant and so easy to use

Only one little bleed in the corner but I can touch that up with the touch up pen I have

One question though, when I take the old sills off how can I get the metal kick plates off without damaging them so I can reuse them on these skirts?
Re the kick plates. I presume they’re stuck on with adhesive? If so, a heat gun should work to soften the glue and allow you to carefully lift them with a plastic tool to prevent damaging the plates
Unless they’re clipped on, then it should be even easier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts