MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MT Users,

Will shortly be needing a fresh set of front tyres for my R56 Cooper S, and with Spring/Summer approaching, I want to explore my options.

Any recommendations? I'm not looking to spend huuggeee amounts of money, I've heard Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are quite good?

Any suggestions would be greatly recieved!

Elliot

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Spring/Summer approaching???

Wishful thinking!

PS - get black ones, they work much better than the green or the blue ones....

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
Federal RSR595's 215/45r17 and just be sensible in standing water.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Hes only changing fronts, hopefully wont put track day tyres on one axle.

If its road use only you want a good all rounder not just dry grip.
Eagle F1s were my default until I tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Have since put them on the wifes car and she said it felt grippier and more stable - and she potters.
Have recently persuaded my Dad to ditch the runflats on his 535d for some too.
Tyre Reviews on You tube/Evo magazine will give you good info to make a choice.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Another vote for the MPS4's. Don't bother with the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's, the tyre walls are too soft and it feels unsettled on some surfaces. They're not that grippy compared to the Michelins either.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Another vote for Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, they are worth every penny on a daily.

Interesting thought on the 215 size Luke, I was wondering about doing the same as on my wheels the 205 size look a little stretched, not a look I'm a fan of to be honest. What ET wheels you running? I'm unsure about how much 215s may rub on ET35.....

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,710 Posts
Never tried them but they seem like the single most overhyped tyre out there.
Depends how much horsepower you have
Sold my r53 to a 911 owner on the strength of these...they are fantastic for the money,
a bit jack of all trades for sure, there are better available for all track use, not any good as all year round dailies
But cover all the ground in between in my opinion

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Guy called Ben Patey in Facebook usually has good deals on AD08Rs and PS4s. Might be worth a message.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Depends how much horsepower you have
Sold my r53 to a 911 owner on the strength of these...they are fantastic for the money,
a bit jack of all trades for sure, there are better available for all track use, not any good as all year round dailies
But cover all the ground in between in my opinion
But they're essentially the same tread pattern as an NS-2R, which I didn't actually mind on track for a budget. However wouldn't love for a daily.

The Yoko's are similar money to Michelin, and the Michelins are a very capable road tyre and looking at the tread patterns I would argue a better all round road tyre.

If you're looking for a more track focused tyre that you can run on the road, then again you could save £30-40 per corner buying the Nankangs.

No brainer imo. Again, I'm not convinced they're not hugely overrated given their price bracket.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts