MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm a new member - so hi to you all, hope you're well.

I'm part way through dechroming my mini cooper s clubman, i've purchased a belt line kit online from killachrome, that is trimmed to a pre cut size to dechrome the trim around the windows. Would anyone know of someone in the midlands who would fit this for me please? With the weather and my skills in general, i'd prefer someone do it who knows how to do it. I've call up various local wrappers but they want to use their own material or i'm told they can't do it as there is no where to put the knife to trim the vinyl. If anyone knows of anyone who could fit the kit i've purchased, it would be appreciated. I'd of course, pay for the persons time etc. Take Care.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Hi pal.
If youre not happy to do it yourself, window tinters or vinyl wrappers best bet.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,601 Posts
As long as the vinyl used is polymeric or cast then you should have no problems. Give it a try, what's the worst that could happen?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
382 Posts
It’s a simple job, as astroboy says give it a try, I did mine myself (and will be doing my new car in a few weeks too) and I’m cack handed at a lot of things!

I’m sure if you mess up an individual bit you can buy spare piece from kill all chrome, they are pretty good if you ask them

where in ‘brum’ are you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi pal, I’ve had a go at it today, and it’s very straightforward. Give it a try!

I struggled on the curve around the c-pillar, but I think that’s because the vinyl was a bit too cold.

having a Stanley knife blade is really useful to trim to length once applied

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Tweedbean did a video on how to remove the trim, the commercial wrappers might be able to do it with bits removed.

Or paint them once removed.

Can't find his tutorial on YouTube @tweedbean ?

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Tweedbean did a video on how to remove the trim, the commercial wrappers might be able to do it with bits removed.

Or paint them once removed.

Can't find his tutorial on YouTube @tweedbean ?
Thanks, I indeed do have tutorials for removing the belt lines on the R53 and R56/R55. Not attempted it on a 3rd gen yet, however fitting the beltline tape is super easy if you do it in the dry and ensure the car is clean and completely dry.

By your username it looks like you have the new Clubman, I have seen some rumours that some of them are glued on with the 3rd gens but cant confirm this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts