MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
It is the only place to eat in the town/village itself.
I mean, technically there are 3-4 other places in the village. But if you're only there for a couple of days then this is probably the place to prioritise.

We stayed near Adenau, and there was plenty of choice there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It was a good place to experience for sure, but it was seriously cramped (popular) and queueing out the door on arrival. I'm glad we booked.

Also, because of being constantly surrounded by people cooking steak at their tables, I left smelling like I'd been standing next to a BBQ. Still worth going to experience it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Insurance. It's dull, but necessary.

I was originally with Axa, whose small print about modifications was sufficiently loose that I thought I'd chance it and call them when I had a few mods done to change my policy.
Turns out the small print is largely b*llocks, and they had no interest in covering a bucket seat and harnesses.

A friend put me onto Greenlight, who insure his track Clio (see the Ring group photo). I filled in a form, and after 5min on the phone I had a better price than I was paying Axa (good by London standards!) and all my modifications automatically covered. They only asked me to call them if I did anything which increased the power, as they'd need to requote.

Can't recommend Greenlight enough.
If you have a modified car, don't chance it by not declaring. Don't think that Admiral/Elephant will pay out what they owe you, even if they cover you. Don't put up with cr*ppy service from Adrian Flux.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
So, it looks like I'm going to be back on track in November, at Cadwell Park! Going to give the car a quick once-over before I do, but I don't think anything pressing is required.

Disappointingly, I don't think I'm going to have time to get a harness fitted (still looking for that elusive matching passenger bucket) beforehand, which is a bit annoying.

Anyone done Cadwell before?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Harness (Sparco 3pt) ordered today, and should be here in a few weeks so I can take a look at fitting.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
So, no real update here other than to say it's been neglected, and that the flat battery continues to just about hold enough charge to start it once a fortnight.

Holiday and work travel meant that I missed the Cadwell Park day, which was a shame. That place is going on my list for 2020.

Next steps, in no particular order:
  • Charge the battery, when I can dig my charger out from storage
  • Fit driver's harness
  • Source and fit matching passenger bucket (missed out on one recently, frustratingly)
  • Fit a dished steering wheel
  • Get oil leaks and supercharger service sorted
  • Take a look at the exhaust, and potentially replace the flexi
  • General health check
  • Drive the bloody thing

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Sold my stock R53 front brakes (including 800-mile old Greenstuff pads!) and stock intercooler for a grand total of £1.98 on Ebay! :LOL:

Buyer was a lovely bloke who is fixing up a 52-plate R53, and seemed keen to save a few quid on bits. Still, £2 is better than a trip to the tip!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
A productive Christmas break!

It started with me taking advantage of an ECP 'sale', and swapping out my battery for a new one. It looks like it might have been 13 years on the original, which is impressive if so!

I was visiting the in-laws in Norfolk, and met up with a fellow R53 owner (and good mate) to go out for a drive on Christmas Eve morning. The local roads/lanes were filthy and damp, but we managed a couple of hours of great fun!

I also managed to bag a couple of Christmas presents (to myself), which will be getting fitted alongside the harnesses in the next week or so.

A 'matching' Sparco Sprint for passengers (wedged in with all my various Christmas bits).

A Motamec (British brand) red alcantara steering wheel, with a cheeky bit of dish.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
All of that means that my next bits look like:
  • Fit seat, wheel and harness
  • Get oil leaks and supercharger service sorted
  • Take a look at the exhaust, and potentially replace the flexi
  • General health check
Think it might be time to bite the bullet and give CarsOrBikes a call... I just wish it wasn't a 4hr+ drive each way! :(

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Finally you found a seat ;O)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is that Wells Quay? The roads are awful this time of year, very slippy.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Is that Wells Quay? The roads are awful this time of year, very slippy.

Great spot! Very impressive. We ran a loop along the coast road and back inland. Some corking lanes.

The roads were greasy, but we didn't struggle unduly running at ~8/10ths. It might help that I'm running PS4s (stonking) and the white car is on brand new Rainsports.

Took a rare 'clean' photo yesterday, after the local Albanians washed half of Norfolk off the bootlid.

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Great spot! Very impressive. We ran a loop along the coast road and back inland. Some corking lanes.

The roads were greasy, but we didn't struggle unduly running at ~8/10ths. It might help that I'm running PS4s (stonking) and the white car is on brand new Rainsports.

Took a rare 'clean' photo yesterday, after the local Albanians washed half of Norfolk off the bootlid.
I'm near King's Lynn, been to Wells and the surrounding coast a lot, at work sometimes too.

There are some decent roads around, just got to watch out for farm equipment and locals doing 35 everywhere. Rainsports are the ideal tyre for this time of year

101 - 120 of 164 Posts