MiniTorque.com banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Well there was a distinct lack of room to bring the pipes straight out the back of the box so the pipework was altered from 1.75" to 3".....this meant there wasn't room for tips but I think with the pipe size as it is they're not needed.

All that's left is wheel studs to go in instead of wheel bolts, re-fit the rear spoiler and the wrap to go back on and then it'll be back.

After the best part of 4 months away it'll be like having a new car!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Those exhaust rubbers are making me twitch.... cant you paint them black?

Rest is epic as usual though.

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Yes mate although there'll be a few detail changes.

The livery initially went on as I started to think it looked a bit bland so ended up with the livery from the Catalunya entry into the V6Trophy race series, it was tweaked a little though to get it how I liked it.

Not to everyones taste but, as I've always said, it's not everyones car ?

Sounds nice....

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
The car has now been back for just over a week now and it's good to have it back.
There's been a few detail changes on the decals and those that we had have been fitted. The rest of them arrived today so will start going on tomorrow.
The sunstrip has been made 25mm deeper to allow room for the Overlease logo. Overlease were the French finance company who provided funding toward the V6Trophy race series.
Arun (detailer) has spent a week working his magic on the car and the video clip is of him putting the car into his unit. Now sounds as mad as it looks and yes, there is a brake light out.

nearest diesel fuel station

·
Registered
710 Posts
The car has now been back for just over a week now and it's good to have it back.
There's been a few detail changes on the decals and those that we had have been fitted. The rest of them arrived today so will start going on tomorrow.
The sunstrip has been made 25mm deeper to allow room for the Overlease logo. Overlease were the French finance company who provided funding toward the V6Trophy race series.
Arun (detailer) has spent a week working his magic on the car and the video clip is of him putting the car into his unit. Now sounds as mad as it looks and yes, there is a brake light out.

nearest diesel fuel station
Looks wicked mate. Get that exhaust system sealed up with some ceramic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #311 (Edited)
Done, dusted and back in the garage......over 4 months away and now I can't use it. Good to have it back in the garage though!

Some of the decals used to have some fine script and it was a pain keeping the fine edges down so they've gone. No tyre decals on the car now, with having 2 sets of the Cromodora wheels, one in silver with Michelins and a yellow set with Yokohamas on it wasn't just a case of swapping the wheels for a change, would have had to change the decals on the car also. Now with none on the car itself the wheels can be changed on a whim.

closest chevron service station

24 hour gas station

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Well, the time for yellow wheels has run its course!

it was a good idea at the time and it got the idea out of my system but, as time has gone by, I started to feel as though I ought to be wearing clown shoes and a big red nose :). The car shouts at you enough without the wheels doing the same so the silvers are back on.

The yellows are being re-done in Porsche Seal Grey which is different enough from the silver yet remain understated.

It isn't just Minis that are never finished :rolleyes:

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Not a fan of black wheels Al, I think the wheel design gets lost.

The seal grey is similar to the grey wrap but just enough difference so the wheels don't blend in with it. We have to try these things mate and, as ever, things always stay changeable :)

Forgot to add, the fogs are disappearing next week. Seeing as the car is well along the road of being a V6 Trophy rep, the Trophy cars didn't have fogs. The light and the black surrounds will be replaced with a blank wrapped in the grey that the front is. Believe it or not, the fogs and the black surrounds go for silly money as, with most V6 parts, they're NLA from Renault.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,688 Posts
I’m still thinking mini, the black arches and trims limits Cohesive choices so much,
so you have to colour code them to avoid the conflict or keep it simple. For my car it can only be black or silver wheels, I thought blue might work but feels a little too gimmicky, I’m even torn between blue calipers or reverting to black (Red is never an option)

I really liked the yellow on yours as it picked up the pin stripes, and cos race car you have more scope to be different.

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
I started to get bored with the red wheels on my GP, if I'd have kept it the colour would have been changed. Had red calipers on it also and they grated after a while. The Clio had red calipers when I got it, that was soon changed to yellow with it being a Renault colour, that didn't last long either so they're now BMW Ferric Grey which is still noticeable but nicely understated and can't see that colour being changed. That's why the seal grey appeals, shows off the wheel style whilst still understated.

It should be easy choosing wheel colours but it's anything but.

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
I like the look of the silver set and the yellow in particular, looked right imo. Not many cars carry off a wheel in full colour very well but that worked.

Reactions: Maccmike

·
GP1511....gone!
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Fogs gone!

It makes the car look even wider than it is.

Have also managed to sort a flocked dash top (black) for next to nothing. Scott @ SGM tells me it's in good condition so will go on next time the car is down there will see how it looks fitted.

301 - 320 of 327 Posts