MiniTorque.com banner

261 - 280 of 312 Posts

·
GP1511....gone!
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
I prefer the exposed look but what about getting the silencer coated, rather than hiding it with a heat shield.
If I ran into the back of someone's car, I'd expect to be called a prick and I'd accept that and move on. I got called worse when I wrapped the wife's car round a bollard :)
Hello bud, how're you?

Had a flying thought about that but decided no matter what I did with it it'd still not be a pretty thing to look at....this is all trial and error so will see how it turns out. It's all reversible (y)

·
GP1511....gone!
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Just as I can't relate to someone saying they hope I get my car written off.

You stuck a tit out because I called the guy a prick, as I said if you don't like that fact then so be it.

·
Bugger
25,266 Posts
if me calling him a prick offends you then so be it.
I suggest Luke doesn't come to Scotland, we refer to everyone as a prick unless we know them. Once you know someone you can really be harsh. The looks I get from the non Scots in the office when I awnser the phone to an old chum with "What the fuck do you want" its Scottish for saying, how lovely to hear from you, have you been well?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Kid was probably just trying to get close enough to read all your stickers :D

I'd give the cutout a shot. I'd say it was a bit OTT but I would have said that about the car in the beginning and it's ended up looking epic, so I'll be happy to be proved wrong again (y)

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I suggest Luke doesn't come to Scotland, we refer to everyone as a prick unless we know them. Once you know someone you can really be harsh. The looks I get from the non Scots in the office when I awnser the phone to an old chum with "What the fuck do you want" its Scottish for saying, how lovely to hear from you, have you been well?
That's pretty much how me & our lass communicate.... 🤣

·
GP1511....gone!
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Update time :-

Scott has completed the estimate. He's done a worst case scenario one as, for example, if he finds the rear wings are cracked they'll need repairing as they're nla. He'll have to remove the wrap to check and then if they're ok the wrap will need to be replaced. If he finds damage he hasn't quoted for he'll get a comment back from the ins co along the lines of 'tough shit'.
The rear bumper will need repairing (nla), the rear crash beam will need repairing (nla), the tailgate will need replacing, exhaust system need repairing (nla)..the list goes on!
Body shop estimate alone is £3,000. Worst case estimate is £11,000. Maybe as well I have a guaranteed value of over £30,000.
Bit more than a scuff on a bumper hence the term 'prick'.

·
GP1511....gone!
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
A £11k repair bill will be more then 95% of cars on this forum

I think using only "prick" is a model of self restraint
Total self restraint Al....👍
I even show that same restraint to keyboard warriors these days 🤣

·
GP1511....gone!
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
At long last!

Even with the other driving admitting full liability it's taken just under 2 months for his insurers to approve the repairs.

With it being a non-fault claim my insurers handed it over to a company that dealt with such claims for them

The 3rd party insurers have been caught out 4 times telling lies about various things, the first one was not receiving the estimate even though a read receipt was sent to the sender 24hrs after it was sent. Also denying receiving photographs despite another read receipt being sent.....

It got to the stage that yesterday morning I gave them notice that unless things had started moving within 7 days I'd have no choice but to instigate legal action against them. Lo and behold 2 hrs later it was all approved!

Once the works have been completed and signed off I post the name of the company just to make anyone aware that if they have to deal with them it'll be an uphill battle.

Once the car is out and about again it'll be good to catch up with a few here I haven't seen for a while (y)

261 - 280 of 312 Posts