MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,415 Posts
A bigger tab with a grommet and insert would help. Something would need to be done at the other side of the cooler as well where it attaches to the diverter valve as it's there where the problem starts

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
Perhaps it’s just been pinned against a manifold web which I’d say is quite possible with it cracked there, tension in the tab trying to pull something down that can’t go lower, it will transfer an issue to the intake flange slightly too from being made to sit fractionally higher that side if this were to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Gave the car much needed clean
Ripped out the seats and fitted my recaro SPG (still need to find one for passenger side)
Pro alloy cracked so fitted Airtec
Grey TDs fitted
Megane RS250 caliper brackets ordered

Still plenty to do but looks alright I suppose

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So this is the pro alloy...no wonder the cars felt slow as fuck since I've had it, I whacked the airtec on and it pulls well so a friends going to sort the pro alloy out for me. Also fitted jcw gear knob and handbrake today

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I really liked the design of that intercooler from day one, but given the loading on the mounting points and vibration it was always going to be flawed
Does seem like they are aware of the issue and addressed it so I'll see if they replace it but time will tell

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Picked up some cheap mk3 Megane calipers so I'll give them a spruce up and get them fitted once I have the brackets. These stopped my megane well so hoping they stop the mini well too

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Fuck me must have been 7 years since I last done set of mini lights but it's like riding a bike you always remember

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Colour coded headlight rings and atom speed scoop.

I have however found that the brand new battery is wank and dead flat, only showing 6v on the charger. Junked it took it for a drive but steering felt like it had no assistance and really heavy. Any ideas?

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
Check the power steering pump, when they start to die they take the battery out pretty quickly.

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
Sounds like a pain in the arse

It is lol, theres a way to test thought. Unplug the power steering pump and leave it, if the battery was being drawn down by it overnight it would show.

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It is lol, theres a way to test thought. Unplug the power steering pump and leave it, if the battery was being drawn down by it overnight it would show.
Just watched a YouTube video it doesn't look too horrid to do actually, thankfully I have a pit so can get access but they aren't fucking cheap

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So my R56 GP2 discs arrived today to support the Megane calipers I'm refurbing (paint should be here tomorrow)

Also bought a set of ATS DTM 17x7.5 wheels, just need to decide what colour to have them refurbished in.

Tyres....this is a track/nurburgring and fast road car, a mate works at kwik fit and can do me 215/45/17 Cup2 for £440 fitted so I'm wondering if it's worth taking the punt as an all rounder

41 - 60 of 88 Posts