Hi guys, we鈥檙e finally back into minis, and now have two
2007 mini clubman cooper D
2011 mini coupe JCW
get ready for a few questions 馃
Both cars now have private plates on
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
welcome

smart looking cars

think my white silver one is supposed to have a red roof, can see a couple of red specs in the black

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just reading your thread 馃 wish I had time to remove engine and smarten things up, just done the water pump, crossover pipe and thermostat, never done anything like that before, but after a few vids on YouTube bit the bullet and tried the wheel arch method, what a faff that was, so decided to remove intake as well to gain more space, worked a trick that way, but one thing I would say to anyone doing the wheel arch method to do the water pump, on the belt tensioner, I found it easier to pull the bottom wheel towards the wheel arch by about 5mm, that gave me the space to get water pump in straight away, as the casting of the water pump was hitting the tensioner body, this 5mm helped no end .

Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
yes definitely always pull the manifold for the cross over pipe, only way to see that the block aperture is clear of debris or scale

access is marginal at the side for sure

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your coupe looks fantastic. Welcome.
Thanks we tried for about a year to find a pepper white / red JCW but to no avail, without travelling hundreds of miles, then this one came up 15 miles away, and white silver was our second choice, not happy with the dealer though but that鈥檚 another story
Cheers
Andy

MIN-Tily Challenged
welcome

smart looking cars

think my white silver one is supposed to have a red roof, can see a couple of red specs in the black

View attachment 108388
1st job on any mini

remove all the red鈥nless it鈥檚 part of one of these鈥...馃嚞馃嚙

just about permissible on calipers, although I had the dealer paint my Jcw one鈥檚 black ;)

Premium Member
1st job on any mini

remove all the red鈥nless it鈥檚 part of one of these鈥...馃嚞馃嚙

just about permissible on calipers, although I had the dealer paint my Jcw one鈥檚 black ;)
this one I know is supposed to be red, I quite like it on these, will get a spec check for the silver one in the week, I suspect it was

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Premium Member
Thanks we tried for about a year to find a pepper white / red JCW but to no avail, without travelling hundreds of miles, then this one came up 15 miles away, and white silver was our second choice, not happy with the dealer though but that鈥檚 another story
Cheers
Andy
fwiw I think it worth travelling for the right cars, if a seller responds to any questions properly and takes any pics of whatever is requested, that's mandatory, or for sure I wouldn't bother either,

I've always liked the Pepper White coupe's, even the right spec hatch version tbh,

wasn't exactly looking for one but held an open mind if one came up to repair, and sure enough when not looking for one, it did馃槀

twice:unsure::rolleyes:

Reactions: Less is more

Premium Member
I鈥檓 not a fan of the baseball cap styling
black helps it merge much better with the glass

total hypocrisy on my part owning the roadster version of this :ROFLMAO:
yes I get that, I don't think it's helped by the spoiler in the closed position really, a couple I've seen with aftermarket spoilers/wings do make them look different,

If I were to hold onto that silver one (unlikely), I'd probably fit more of the Phoenix yellow front and rear brakes like the 53 ones, too many red brakes about馃槀 It'd get the Club Sport's (which it might anyway), and would look ace with slightly wider arch trims and those matt black TD1.0's I have with a slightly lower offset than most, I think the Coupe style lends itself to a wider track way better than a hatch.

If only there was an All4 version....

....and yes, it is馃榿

1 - 14 of 14 Posts