MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
516 Posts
Haha thanks all, definitely throwing spammers everywhere. Doesn’t help I’m like a bloody pendulum with this it’s literally going to come down to the mood I’m in on Tuesday morning when I drop them off :D

Don’t want to be adding a third dimension into the mix with grey as that’s a whole new ball game with different shades etc and I don’t think I’d ever get a choice nailed on!

Will look good either way, only ever had silver wheels so it’s a step out of comfort zone to go another colour which is why I think it’s hard for me to settle.
Whatever you do pal it'll look good, don't sweat it (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
I think black wheels only ever look even smaller when dirty,

with three blacks going on next to each other although I like these in black, was too much when making my own decision, wheel, tyre, arch, plus I feel that eyes are drawn more to what's behind them, a bit like painting small calipers, where silver I think keeps attention on the wheel at first glance, although this is quite possibly more about whether the wheels are kept clean etc.

as above, either will look smart, the 112 Challenge rim ignoring the weight which too many people obsess over, is such a nice original Mini rim imo.

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Definitely have to be cleaned more often if going for dark wheels and also needs the tyres kept up to scratch too.

Agreed a really nice rim, something bbs-esque about them.

Went for a good drive this afternoon after not really driving it for a week, never fails to put a smile on my face. Chalk and cheese compared to the daily which makes it a perfect second car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
S lites off, and tyres removed ready to be dropped off tomorrow morning.

Weather has taken a turn for the worse but hopefully get a chance to do front brakes tomorrow too, all bolts sprayed in anticipation so should hopefully make it straightforward.

S spoke with no tyre - 11.95 kg
Gen 112 - 9.85 kg
Rep 112 - 8.7 kg

Ordered front disc retaining bolts as one was missing since I got car and new locking nuts from Mini as a couple of current ones are damaged and look extremely tired.

Ordered some bolt covers for the others until I know what I’m doing with spacers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
A decent impact wrench and matching impact (six sided) sockets gets tricky bolts undone. Never use a twelve sided socket on a breaker bar. Asking for trouble (rounded off heads).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
3kg is huge!
Decent amount, will try to weight the difference between the brakes as I’m sure I’ll be putting extra weight back

A decent impact wrench and matching impact (six sided) sockets gets tricky bolts undone. Never use a twelve sided socket on a breaker bar. Asking for trouble (rounded off heads).
Agreed, 12 sided is always a risky affair!
Next tool for the collection will be an impact wrench.
Got an electric ratchet a few months back saves a lot of time and wrist action!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Wheels were dropped off this morning, will be ready in the next few days.

Got the brakes fitted today, all went rather smoothly which is unusual. Will get them bled tomorrow as I didn’t have anything to pressurise the eezibleed kit.

Will give the arches a good clean ahead of the wheels coming back too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Bled the brakes before work this morning. Not something I have done before but was very easy to do with the eezibled.

Some of the old fluid sucked out of the reservoir, pretty grim.

New stuff going in, nice and clear.

Just need the wheels back now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Did you go with black or is it a surprise pal? 😂 (y)
😂 told them to lucky dip.

I bottled it on black so they're going silver (y)

Main reason being, they had some R98 wheels on the wall as demos in black and silver, the black took away from the detail and curvature of the spokes.

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
516 Posts
😂 told them to lucky dip.

I bottled it on black so they're going silver (y)

Main reason being, they had some R98 wheels on the wall as demos in black and silver, the black took away from the detail and curvature of the spokes.
😂 (y) fair do's pal, silvers a safe bet.....be a shame to go black and end up fecking hating them hey?!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
We have wheels, hopefully get them on after work or tomorrow, lunch break already went on for too long...

They had some Black R112's there when I picked them up and seeing them side by side I'm definitely happy I went with silver.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
And they’re on! Over the moon, really changes the look of the car.

Haven’t driven far in it yet as just wanted it off stands and back in front of the house but brakes feel really good, no noticeable difference in travel but definitely a lot more bite, looking forward to trying them out properly.

Car is filthy, hoping to give it a good clean and sort out the trim over the weekend but this is as it is for now.

Yes it needs to go lower but that’s a few months off yet haha

61 - 80 of 106 Posts