MiniTorque.com banner
301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Yes. Can't get any reader to read the k-bus. Other modules can be read using a BMW reader.

I've yet to find out where the break is. I expect it is under the bonnet. I will have some time over the holidays, weather permitting.
Good luck, hopefully it won't be too onerous!

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 · (Edited)
Fitted the new armrest lid a while back, much more padded, it closes and is no longer shiny.

Will respray the silver to black once the weather warms up.

Will also do indicator stalks now RKDE has fashioned some transfers for the symbols which are a decent size, so have a set of those in order.

Was weighing up a quaife LSD that’s already in a box from a car that is being broken but have talked myself out of it as for the price I could get a new Mfactory with warranty, along with not having to try and shift a undesirable gearbox (as most upgrade to the BKL and the 6 speeds generally don’t have issues). Plus the box has an extra 15k on it.

So pretty settled on Mfactory (just waiting to see if any come up when there are ebay discount codes or sales), and will go standard LUK clutch along with:

Rear main seal
Oil cooler removal and new seals (replace cooler if required)
Slave cylinder?

Next decision will be engine out or drop subframe, would mean needing to buy a hoist as don’t think dad has one anymore so adds to the cost.

Track day wise I have the following booked for 2022:

Saturday 11th June - Bedford Autodrome
Thursday 22nd September - Snetterton 300

Will like do another one or two, but not many dates we’re available that far ahead so will keep an eye out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Fitted the new armrest lid a while back, much more padded, it closes and is no longer shiny.

Will also do indicator stalks now RKDE has fashioned some transfers for the symbols which are a decent size, so have a set of those in order.

Was weighing up a quaife LSD that’s already in a box from a car that is being broken but have talked myself out of it as for the price I could get a new Mfactory with warranty, along with not having to try and shift a undesirable gearbox (as most upgrade to the BKL and the 6 speeds generally don’t have issues). Plus the box has an extra 15k on it.

So pretty settled on Mfactory (just waiting to see if any come up when there are ebay discount codes or sales), and will go standard LUK clutch along with:

Rear main seal
Oil cooler removal and new seals (replace cooler if required)
Slave cylinder?

Next decision will be engine out or drop subframe, would mean needing to buy a hoist as don’t think dad has one anymore so adds to the cost.

Track day wise I have the following booked for 2022:

Saturday 11th June - Bedford Autodrome
Thursday 22nd September - Snetterton 300

Will like do another one or two, but not many dates we’re available that far ahead so will keep an eye out.
I sold my old BKD gearbox for £100 after I upgraded to a BKL.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I sold my old BKD gearbox for £100 after I upgraded to a BKL.
Thanks Nigel, pretty handy to know and confirms it's not really worth it for me given the price of the box with the diff and having to collect it etc. then having to list the old box and the fun that can involve!

Will be easier and more cost effective to buy a new diff and fit to my existing box.

·
Registered
89 Posts

The armrest lid looks good. Does it stay closed when using it?

Also, do you have a link for it and the transfers from RKDE?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
The armrest lid looks good. Does it stay closed when using it?

Also, do you have a link for it and the transfers from RKDE?
Yes, it stays closed now!

There are quite a few out there but this was the one I ordered:

HouYeen Centre Box Console Armrest Cover Lid for B-MW M-ini R52 Convertible Cooper S One 2002-2008 51166954297 HouYeen Centre Box Console Armrest Cover Lid for B-MW M-ini R52 Convertible Cooper S One 2002-2008 51166954297 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Will dm you for the paint transfers as there are a few options and some info about them

301 - 307 of 307 Posts