MiniTorque.com banner
261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
She got another pass under her belt this morning, 3 of the advisories are harsh, the headlamp washer one in particular considering the car is too old for them to form part of the test.

Also the front side repeaters are mega orange so not sure what more I can do haha he did the same last year for both bumpers and wings, the bumper ones have been changed but the wings are the same yet they are fine

Oh well, means no significant money to be spent which is good, so just a gearbox oil change to do ahead of Snetterton next month and also to try and get some miles in to get the crap from Brands off the tyres.

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
841 Posts
Mate this things coming along so nicely 👌

Headlamp washers is probably just the pump mate, when they get run with no fluid in them they end up going pop. I got my mate to change mine out with one from a breakers, air line down a couple of the pipes and they worked perfectly again.

That said....I know you'll get pissed at them splattering your prestine car once they are working :LOL: :LOL:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Mate this things coming along so nicely 👌

Headlamp washers is probably just the pump mate, when they get run with no fluid in them they end up going pop. I got my mate to change mine out with one from a breakers, air line down a couple of the pipes and they worked perfectly again.

That said....I know you'll get pissed at them splattering your prestine car once they are working :LOL: :LOL:
The pump works as the washers pop out but no spray, think they are blocked but like you say doesn't bother me as nothing worse than cleaning it for those buggers to spray all over the place.

Haha tidy but far from pristine!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Snetterton on Tuesday went without a hitch.

Really liked it as a circuit some really nice sections, definitely feel like I’m getting to know the car better now and have a lot more trust in it to brake later and corner faster.

Were some showers in the afternoon but nothing horrific, was the first time I’ve experienced a slippery track.

4th track day and couldn’t fault the car again it just kept going and going.

Looking forward to having a bit more extra grunt as I had a couple instances of being quicker through the corners but missing out on a little extra oomph to get me past them on the exit. Was stuck behind someone for 3 laps at one point, no etiquette at all.

1320 on the 22nd Nov, in the meantime I need to get and fit a 13% pulley, and decide whether to take a punt on a DDM works diverter on the standard cooler or go with the Airtec I have.

Next track day likely to be an age away as 2nd baby due early next year.

Couple pics:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
13.2% pulley, plugs and belt have arrived from Orranje, fantastic/rapid service as always.
Just waiting on the puller I have rented now, will start taking car apart in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Colder plugs and Airtec fitted.

Everything else is ready for when the puller arrives will just need to lift the engine and get that sucker off!

Decided to order an OEM intake hose too as the silicone one is quite flimsy/easy to compress and I’m not keen on the logo.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
what length belt did they give you?
1368 same as they list for a 15%.

Do you have a different size in mind?

I always like to have a spare anyway so was going to get a 2nd belt after seeing how the tensioner is looking when fitted.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
up to you bud, had a few here with kits supplied from there and I've used different belts on all of them fwiw.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
up to you bud, had a few here with kits supplied from there and I've used different belts on all of them fwiw.
I’m down to tango if it fits.

Will go with the supplied belt for now as need the car for the weekend (hopefully puller comes tomorrow) and order a conti 1360 then switch them when I do the oil and filter change prior to going 1320 next month.

Ordered the intake hose from BM, will be there forst tomorrow hence silicone one up for sale.

261 - 280 of 284 Posts