MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Car looks great. Good thing your mini wasn’t a tad closer or she would’ve done both of the cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Best bit was she wasn’t even behind the wheel 😂

Parked on the other side of the road to go to the launderette, and saw her car rolling away, she thinks her husband released the hand brake (has dementia) and the car went with the gradient of the road and the slight turn of the wheels.

Wife shouted up to me it had hit both cars and I was livid, I was considerably calmer when I saw it had only hit the BM 😂

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
792 Posts
Shit thats your other car tho isnt it m8? 😣

EDIT....not sure what happened there...said it was a new post to suddenly say there were more and it was 6hrs old 😆🤣

Glad the Minis OK pal, hows the Bimmer looking?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I noticed April looks like it could be a good chance to get back out there without it being ridiculously extortionate. I have credits with MSVT and Opentrack, both have a day at Bedford (12th & 22nd), although the later works better work wise.

Want to give the car a decent drive this week before nailing anything down.

Edit: Just checked and 12th with MSVT is sold out, but they have Snetterton on 19th which is an alternative option.
Novice day at Snetterton on 31/5, I’ve booked in but not in the Mini.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Shit thats your other car tho isnt it m8? 😣

EDIT....not sure what happened there...said it was a new post to suddenly say there were more and it was 6hrs old 😆🤣

Glad the Minis OK pal, hows the Bimmer looking?
Yep rather the BM than the Mini tbh 😂

Bumper slightly creased but thankfully low speed so not expecting anything too sad underneath.

Thanks Keith, unfortunately being a weekday at the end of the month is a no go at work for me to be able to book it off.

Will be looking at booking 19th April later.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yep rather the BM than the Mini tbh 😂

Bumper slightly creased but thankfully low speed so not expecting anything too sad underneath.

Thanks Keith, unfortunately being a weekday at the end of the month is a no go at work for me to be able to book it off.

Will be looking at booking 19th April later.
That is a bank holiday :)

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,881 Posts
Best bit was she wasn’t even behind the wheel 😂
apparently she was dogging in the back, heels on the headliner

Parked on the other side of the road next to the launderette, ( best place for an audience)
and felt her car rolling away, she thinks her husband released the hand brake (has dementia) euphemism 😂
EFA...

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Bedford Booked for 22nd April.

Went to book 19th at Snetterton as noise limit is more favourable but looks as though there’s been a run on track days this week.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
The parts list has been accumulating

Aero kit, cabrio braces and rocker cover/coil pack bolts are from the cabrio I’ve been splitting so have worked out to be free.
My rocker cover bolts are on their last legs, these are much better by far, actually have some shape to them!
Coil pack bolt rubbers on mine are no good so it vibrates.

PBS pro race pads from JJC using eBay 20%.

GP rear bumper trim with black side inserts from @bidsy26 's part out.

Hopefully get a few bits on over the long weekend, brakes need doing before Bedford on the 22nd so will focus on those and bleed them with fresh fluid at the same time. Will make sense to do rear bumper whilst the wheels are off so hopefully get that done too.
Aero kit will be a few months at least as will need painting and I want some other bits tidied up when that happens.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Got some time in on the car today.

Cabrio braces fitted:

PBS pads swapped in ready to be bed in before Bedford later in the month. Current pads still have quite a bit left despite a day at Brands, will keep them as spares to swap back in after track days dependant on how noisy the PBS are.

Loved not having to remove the caliper to change the pads.

Next was the GP splitter, turns out it’s had a bumper repair done at some point as some of the mounting points for the trim are distorted but managed to get it on ok. Had to trim the bumper where my exhaust melted it and the splitter at Brands last year.

Need to lower the rear of the exhaust or it’s going to ruin the GP trim too, rear mount rubbers are cracking anyway so may get slightly longer ones rather than try to split the system apart at the back and adjust.

Needs a bloody good clean, again...

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
792 Posts
Crckin' mate, love the GP splitter 👍👍 defo dont want to go melting that badboy 🤜🤛

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Got the new rear exhaust mounts on and it’s put the tips exactly where I wanted them so should be no risk of melting anything and not sitting too low to look odd.

With that done I went for a drive to bed the brakes in and they straight away felt so much better than what was in their which were some Ferodos that come with the Budweg kit.

Pedal feel is improved and even the cold bite on them was far better than the other pads.

Looking forward to pushing them at Bedford in a couple of weeks time.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Thanks Rob.

I got these expecting to use the single whole and then the 2nd after the void but turns out the 1st after the void was enough to drop it a bit.

Mine is only supported on the outside hangars though unfortunately as the inner hangars have never lined up and would need re welding to do so properly.

So you would likely need to do something with the inner ones also if you’re using them.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts