MiniTorque.com banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice one. I was looking at the Meister R's or BC's, I've had a set of BC's before on a Civic and they lasted well. I prefer to use tried and tested brands if I can, but the RCA's are pretty simple and its good to hear plenty of people using them as they seem excellent value.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Don't think there is much in it between Meister R's or BC's, although I think BC's may come with a higher spring rate. Some feel that the 5kg Meister R's come with could be better.
But I'm no guru and it's been years since I had a set of coilovers so to me they are fantastic thus far.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
And then there were none... Brands Hatch in Feb has now been cancelled also.

Debating whether to do any over summer or sack them off until Autumn and see if I can bring forward dropping the rear subframe and doing the rear trailing arm conversion/JCW rear brakes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sat on my hands a bit with booking trackdays, really want to but pretty sure most will be cancelled the first half of the year. Would be nice to have something to aim for with getting the car ready, such is life.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
add up all the TD costs and time etc

spend it on the car ;O)

buy the Mrs some flowers as you apologise for being outside for 'quite some time'😂

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
add up all the TD costs and time etc

spend it on the car ;O)

buy the Mrs some flowers as you apologise for being outside for 'quite some time'😂
Will need more than flowers for the amount of time it will probably take me 😂

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
BRG has taken a back seat for a bit given that track days have been cancelled and I have been working on stripping a cabrio I bought for the aero kit and some other bits and bobs for mine.

The downside of joining Facebook to sell bits has also meant temptation has been rife!

These GP rep dials came up for sale and as they were on my list and don’t come up 2nd hand too often I snapped them up.

I also fitted Anthracite dash trims from the cabrio to replace the alloy patina ones. Have the doorcards which I’ll be swapping too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 R53
86 Posts
The dials look great! Good to see the Silver Project RCAs are OK too - I have their adjustable front top mounts and they've been fine for the last 18 months.

Seems like track days are kicking off again early April hopefully, as long as things don't get put back are you still thinking Autumn or will you be tempted in the Spring?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
After sitting for must have been more than a month I decided to give the Mini some love.

Started with a kiss of life from it’s other half.

Then whilst driving it round the back there was a knocking from the rear. Dropped the shocks and the top mounts were slightly loose. Figured this happened when I rotated the bottom of the shock when aligning it to bolt into the hug. Nipped them up and they’re now silent.

Swapped over the anthracite door cards from the cabrio

Then have it a bloody good clean, drivers side was road side through the snow etc so was caked in salt.

Whilst the back wheels were off to sort the suspension I took the chance to jet wash the arches and components and also clean and wax the whole wheel. Road grit is nasty stuff, noticeable difference in brake disc corrosion from one side to the other. Will get the front wheels off this week and do the same so it doesn’t get a chance to wreak too much havoc.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
The dials look great! Good to see the Silver Project RCAs are OK too - I have their adjustable front top mounts and they've been fine for the last 18 months.

Seems like track days are kicking off again early April hopefully, as long as things don't get put back are you still thinking Autumn or will you be tempted in the Spring?
I noticed April looks like it could be a good chance to get back out there without it being ridiculously extortionate. I have credits with MSVT and Opentrack, both have a day at Bedford (12th & 22nd), although the later works better work wise.

Want to give the car a decent drive this week before nailing anything down.

Edit: Just checked and 12th with MSVT is sold out, but they have Snetterton on 19th which is an alternative option.

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
792 Posts
After sitting for must have been more than a month I decided to give the Mini some love.

Started with a kiss of life from it’s other half.

Then whilst driving it round the back there was a knocking from the rear. Dropped the shocks and the top mounts were slightly loose. Figured this happened when I rotated the bottom of the shock when aligning it to bolt into the hug. Nipped them up and they’re now silent.

Swapped over the anthracite door cards from the cabrio

Then have it a bloody good clean, drivers side was road side through the snow etc so was caked in salt.

Whilst the back wheels were off to sort the suspension I took the chance to jet wash the arches and components and also clean and wax the whole wheel. Road grit is nasty stuff, noticeable difference in brake disc corrosion from one side to the other. Will get the front wheels off this week and do the same so it doesn’t get a chance to wreak too much havoc.

Looking bloody lovely pal 😍

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Cheers gents, it almost got shown some love by a Citroen just now

Thankfully I wasn’t parked as close as I usually am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 222 Posts