MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Use the search function on this very forum.....
Where plenty of informed people say they are not worth buying because they offer nothing. They also state that you are better to save your money in till you can buy a better quality intercooler.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this subject. You have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Suffice to say that I would not buy a 100 pound intercooler. That comes from years of experience running cars with forced induction.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
I'm running over 300whp on a £70 intercooler. Odd that
Yeap but imagine what horsepower would a proper, well built ic would offer to your built mate. Faster drop in intake temps is the name of the game.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Yeap but imagine what horsepower would a proper, well built ic would offer to your built mate. Faster drop in intake temps is the name of the game.

The difference between one bar and plate intercooler and another are negligible. The only real variables are dimensional and bigger isn't alwaysnecessarily better. Take it from me, I have absolutely no issues with iat or recovery speed

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
The difference between one bar and plate intercooler and another are negligible. The only real variables are dimensional and bigger isn't alwaysnecessarily better. Take it from me, I have absolutely no issues with iat or recovery speed
Allow me to disagree mate. On an r56 Airtec IC exact dimensions as a Forge IC (1st bunch produced), huge difference in inlet temps, causing timing change and even misfires. (That Forge is almost worst than stock)

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Where plenty of informed people say they are not worth buying because they offer nothing. They also state that you are better to save your money in till you can buy a better quality intercooler.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this subject. You have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Suffice to say that I would not buy a 100 pound intercooler. That comes from years of experience running cars with forced induction.
Basically means Im not getting my way so Im not playing 🤣
Who are these well informed people you refer to?
Use the search button to find the page that tested intercoolers. Only one person did this and its their opinion that is well informed.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
To be fair the original R56 forge end tank design looked like it had been modelled by a child out of cardboard. Airtec did what they do best, tweaking and then rebranding a cheap Chinese intercooler as their own. Any performance benefits over the original forge item are entirely coincidental

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
To be fair the original R56 forge end tank design looked like it had been modelled by a child out of cardboard. Airtec did what they do best, tweaking and then rebranding a cheap Chinese intercooler as their own. Any performance benefits over the original forge item are entirely coincidental
I havent had any change to get a chinese IC on my hands but airtec aluminum end plates had to be welded after an accident I had by an experienced welder and he mentioned that the aluminum quality was top, matching oem intercoolers. Are you sure they rebrand chinese? if yes, then I must rebrand them too.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
I havent had any change to get a chinese IC on my hands but airtec aluminum end plates had to be welded after an accident I had by an experienced welder and he mentioned that the aluminum quality was top, matching oem intercoolers. Are you sure they rebrand chinese? if yes, then I must rebrand them too.

Their R53 intercoolers certainly are. I've had them side by side and they are definitely the same item. They chop off the poor fitting parts of the end thanks off and weld their own on along with a few other parts of course. I haven't had hands on with the R56 items but the run of things seems to be.. branded intercooler released-->chinese copies appear-->airtec launch product there was even a pic knocking about of airtec branded cores stacked in a chinese factory but I'm not sure how legitimate it was

·
Registered
126 Posts
How did I know youd pop up 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Where theres one theres the other one :rolleyes:
You joined this post 16 posts after I’d did and your first contribution was to insult people who disagreed with your opinion and that’s continued despite the overwhelming consensus of opinion and experience being opposed to yours.

The world is a better place when people like you lose their login passwords.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Basically means Im not getting my way so Im not playing 🤣
Who are these well informed people you refer to?
Use the search button to find the page that tested intercoolers. Only one person did this and its their opinion that is well informed.
No. It means that I can walk away from petty squabbles over a difference of option and like an adult let things go. Maybe you'd like to do the same?

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
You joined this post 16 posts after I’d did and your first contribution was to insult people who disagreed with your opinion and that’s continued despite the overwhelming consensus of opinion and experience being opposed to yours.

The world is a better place when people like you lose their login passwords.
Youll do amazingly well to find anybody Iv insulted. Please try.
Your partner has mostly been well received where as you, as a newbie, has made some arsehole comments to other newbies. I would accept this off long term members but not off people that join and 5 minutes later start chatting shit.
In the few years Iv been here the brutal posts have all but dried up otherwise youd have been torn a new one.
Stop trying to be a forum bully, wind ya neck in and I guarantee Il be here long after youve slithered off back into the grass.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts