MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am contemplating in installing a methanol kit on my r53 in the future for help with cooling intake Temps . From what I gather via info on the board, the aquamist hfs system is the better one due to the failsafe and way it operates.
it seems that howerton engineering had a pretty solid system which was pretty complete for the mini and it came pretty well set up with the proper adjustments done to the control boards, etc. Since howerton no longer deals with this I am curious if I order the kit directly from aquamist will I have a hard time dialing in the proper adjustments and will i have to buy separate parts to make the system pretty equal to what howerton sold ?

Thanks for the input

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
8,076 Posts
No you don’t need to be worried…

A) it’s not tune critical unless you have to chase those last few ponies
b) join here and dig for information there is a R53 application thread just search brings 3 pages of information waterinjection.info

C) also visit nam good for multiple users look here…

D) I ran it for ages, if you have a chrono kit it is easy to place under your nose as visible fail safe
I mixed from 50/50 to nearly full meth, messed about with one two and 3 nozzles of various sizes
no right answers, used on track and road, but yes aquamist is the right application of this technology ….
Look at wrc Subaru and see who else won with it before it was banned

mess about and see what works for your application ….

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Aquamist hardware is still right up there in terms of build quality but there are more advanced controllers now available from Torqbyte, Frostbyte, Cortex and Syvecs. If you're sticking with the stock ECU then the self-contained Aquamist system is still a good option.

Assuming you'll be fitting the tank inside the car make sure you add a vent to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply and links. Yes I have been trying to read up quite a bit on the forums about the system . Seems like a solid and proven system . My worry was if the aquamist system sold directly from them would be missing some components for the r53 such as whennit was sold by howerton . Glad to hear they are quite the same . I know.it don't look like u can get the fancy tank cases, etc from aquamist , but o well....

Not looking at chasing every pony out of the car , so don't think I will be tuning it unless it changes afr drastically

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Aquamist hardware is still right up there in terms of build quality but there are more advanced controllers now available from Torqbyte, Frostbyte, Cortex and Syvecs. If you're sticking with the stock ECU then the self-contained Aquamist system is still a good option.

Assuming you'll be fitting the tank inside the car make sure you add a vent to the atmosphere.
Thank you for the info. So can u mix the system with other company controllers?
Will definetely look into the others you have listed .

Yes will be keeping stock facelift ecu so I am glad that the aquamist will play nice with it .

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had Howerton's HFS4 installed in my '07S for several years --- love it! Browsing the Aquamist site, I find little difference in what they offer, compared to Howerton's product. And considering the harnessing between the tank and controller, I can't imagine interchanging any of the major parts with another manufacturer. Strongly suggest you browse their site and installation instructions before buying parts from another source --- Aquamist direct

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had Howerton's HFS4 installed in my '07S for several years --- love it! Browsing the Aquamist site, I find little difference in what they offer, compared to Howerton's product. And considering the harnessing between the tank and controller, I can't imagine interchanging any of the major parts with another manufacturer. Strongly suggest you browse their site and installation instructions before buying parts from another source --- Aquamist direct
Thank you .

Yes I will definetely look into mixing parts . I am sure that partsb that were all designed to work toguether are still best .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts